Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Happy Cloud batting?

Happy Cloud batting?

Has anyone tried the Happy Cloud brand batting? I am finishing up a king size quilt top for my bed and had a coupon for Happy Cloud batting from the Fat Quarter Shop. I am hesitant to try something new on this monster quilt without hearing from someone else that has used it. I am primarily interested in cotton or an 80/20 cotton poly blend. My quilt top is made from batiks, if that makes any difference.

the name makes me think of a Chinese restaurant.
    Looks like the fat quarter shop is purchasing a line of batts and branding them, like grocery stores do with their generic or store brand.
    Write and ask if you can get a sample of each to make a review for Quilting Board

I never heard of it but Fat Quarter Shop has wonderful products.

Super Member quiltingshorttimer's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    not heard of this, but our local quilt shop that focuses on LA supplies and sells Hobbs and a couple of other brands just sent out an email blitz of a bat that is branded just for them. Maybe the latest trend in batting sells?

Quote Originally Posted by KalamaQuilts View Post
    the name makes me think of a Chinese restaurant.
    I thought that same thing!
    Patrice S

Bernina Artista 180, Singer 301a, Featherweight Centennial, Rocketeer, Juki 2200 QVP Mini, White 1964 Featherweight

Blog Entries
    I never heard of it but have been pleased with the Fat Quarter Shop. Seems they have brands I love.
    "You must do the thing you think you cannot do"....E. Roosevelt

Sharon
    Yorkville, IL

Hey! Is there really a right and wrong side to batting? I’ve heard it here many times but can’t get my head around the idea. I make double sided quilts and seldom decide which side I want to quilt until I sit down at the machine

Quote Originally Posted by KalamaQuilts View Post
    Hey! Is there really a right and wrong side to batting? I’ve heard it here many times but can’t get my head around the idea. I make double sided quilts and seldom decide which side I want to quilt until I sit down at the machine
    Yes there is a top and bottom to batting. If there is a rough side, it goes up, against the back of the quilt top. If there is a scrim, it goes down, against the quilt backing, to prevent bearding of the batting through to the back when the needle pierces through all layers.

thank you Justabit. I should have said I was aiming the question to the Hobbs rep.