Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Happy...& Lucky >

Happy...& Lucky

Happy...& Lucky

Old 11-21-2012, 04:05 PM

If you use alot of poly batting; check out Okleequilting.com. They are in MN. I get the 60" wide; 60 yds. It comes out to $1.38 a yard.
Old 11-22-2012, 04:55 AM

I got to my local Joann's yesterday at 7:30 for the 8 o'clock opening to purchase the bolt of Pellon batting that was $99, normal $279. I called the day before the doorbuster sale and Joann's said they would have 10 bolts. Being the 5th woman in line at the door opening I thought I had a good opportunity to buy a bolt. I hesitated for just a second with one other woman to get a shopping cart then took off to follow the 3 women to the bin of batting. One large woman had grabbed 5 bolts, the other 2 women graciously took one each which left the bin completely empty! The woman who hesitated for a brief second with me to get a cart was actually a friend of the woman that grabbed 5 bolts, she got the cart so the large woman could grab all she couldI as she gleefully said she was buying it for her business. I said I would like to purchase just one and the woman looked at me and laughed then took her haul to the check-out. All that after I drove 20 some odd miles and got there at 7:30. I feel Joann's should establish a limit on how many one person can purchase when they are having a big sale on limited supplies. Am I being unreasonable or just disappointed? I ended up buying almost $100 worth of fabric and using my coupons plus the $20 off holiday money and came home to complain their customer service on-line and found that they had the same doorbuster deal on-line for the same low price! I could have saved gas and all the frustration by staying home and shopping via the internet. And I had one of the free shipping coupons so my purchase came to $115 including tax. Live and learn! (thanks for listening, I still feel a tad bit mad!)
Old 11-22-2012, 05:10 AM
Power Poster

Happy to hear your friend was willing to share. I agree about the lack of available sale merchandise. Sometimes I feel like its the old bait and switch.
Old 11-22-2012, 05:13 AM
Power Poster

I agree about the limits. But I also think her business didn't trump your personal need. I would have shared.
Old 11-22-2012, 06:54 AM

I did not even bother to go and try and get one. With JoAnn's having such a limited supply, I figured my luck in getting one was about zero, so I saved the gas. My guess is there will be other sales I can hopefully get in on, maybe not quite as good, but hopefully close.
Old 11-22-2012, 07:29 AM
Power Poster

How lucky for you to have a fellow quilter at work who would do such a kind act. She's a keeper. I think my local JoAnn's and some others have the sale and don't have enough in stock to meet the demand of that sale - poor planning on their part and dissatisfied customers as well.
Old 11-22-2012, 09:17 AM

Nice, I went online moments after it was supposed to be available, but it was sold out!! LUCKY YOU!!
Old 11-22-2012, 07:54 PM

Me and a qiulting friend went to JoAnns to get the batting when it went on sale--got there a half hour before store opened. We got a roll to share --but there were only 3 available. Even one of the clerks said they don,t know why they don,t send more when they have it advertised. Even she was a little upset --because of all the negative coments on All of their doorbuster sales items being so limited in numbers.
Old 11-22-2012, 08:17 PM

I went into my local JoAnn's the day before the cotton batting sale and was told that they only had only received 2 bolts for the next morning's door buster. I was at the store first thing - the only customer in the store, actually, and was told that they didn't have any. Well, I knew better and kept arguing that I was there the day before and as I was the only customer there, they had to still be there. After much discussion, they "found" one in the back. Never could find the other one! Frustrating!!
Old 11-23-2012, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by joyce888 View Post
Happy to hear your friend was willing to share. I agree about the lack of available sale merchandise. Sometimes I feel like its the old bait and switch.
That is why I avoid all JoAnn's big sales. They rarely have any big ticket items in stock at our local JoAnn store. I thought that was because of the store management, but it seems to be at all stores. I agree with your comment.