Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Harbor Freight blades

I went to Harbor Freight yesterday (they get their trucks on Mondays) and was able to get 5 pkgs of blades---total cost $8.10 for 10 blades. I also went online and ordered 20 packages. The total cost there was $40.48 but still not a bad price for 40 blades. However, the warehouse told me that they were out of them and the back order wouldn't be in until the first week in October. I told them to order more because they were going to be selling like hotcakes since quilters had found them.

I just hope our run on these babies don't make them decided they are their next gold mine and raise the price! :D

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    Y'all watch the price is gonna go up on these blades because they are in such high demand right now.

Can these blades be used in your regular cutter or do you have to also get the carpet cutter from Freight Habor to use them in? We have a Freight Habor about 30 miles from here but I haven't been able to make it there yet.

I haven't tried them yet but everyone says they work in our rotary cutters.

Quote Originally Posted by DeEtta
    Can these blades be used in your regular cutter or do you have to also get the carpet cutter from Freight Habor to use them in? We have a Freight Habor about 30 miles from here but I haven't been able to make it there yet.
    Yes, I have an olfa 45mm and have 1 in mine now.

Blog Entries
    Could someone send me the link to the blades at Harbor Freight. I went in to the store last Sunday and the employees all thought I was out of my mind. Also, I can't seem to find them on their web site.

Thanks, Sandy

I went to HF yesterday and found the cutter and blades...I had to hunt for them..they were with in the painting supplies department????? Not with the regular blades and cutters. However, I got 19 pkgs and the salesgirl said her warehouse had 350+ in stock so she would get more next week.

Quote Originally Posted by sandybeach
    Could someone send me the link to the blades at Harbor Freight. I went in to the store last Sunday and the employees all thought I was out of my mind. Also, I can't seem to find them on their web site.

Thanks, Sandy
    Here they are:http://www.harborfreight.com/catalog...+cutter+blades

Price went up from $1.49 to $1.99!!

Their customer service number is 1-800-423-2567.
    After it picks up there's an auto answering thingy, press 1 to place a new order.
    The product name is Carpet Cutter replacement blades and the number is # 97642

Eventually a real person comes on. Order the number of packages you want----they don't sell by the case or anything like that. They'll give you a price, plus tax, plus shipping and also a confirmation number. They'll also send you a confirmation email.

my HF in Akron Ohio had them yesterday bought 10 packages and they were still 1.49 they had 5 left might go back tomorrow after work and get the rest wanted to make sure they fit my rotary cutter first

these are not harbor freight blades but....Jhittlesweing.com has 45mm blades, 10 for $14.90. That is not a bad price either. I buy from them and are a good source of all kinds of name brand notions at wholesale prices. Their blades are good and I use them, sharpen them and reuse them several times before they are done. There is also a place on the web where you can get blades sharpened but I am waiting until I have at least 20 used blades to not pay too much in shipping.

Gladstone, Oregon by way of Washington(the state)
    Quote Originally Posted by redpurselady
    Quote Originally Posted by sandybeach

Thanks, Sandy
    Here they are:http://www.harborfreight.com/catalog...+cutter+blades

Price went up from $1.49 to $1.99!!
    If you go into your local HF and get a Raincheck. It should be for the $1.49 price. If it goes up they have to honor that price. you will only get the amount of pkg for that price but hey it's still cheaper that JoAnns. Also check in the carpet tools area. The carpet cutter is garbage but it does have 3 blades in it for $3.99. The replacement blades are what they are out of.

I am using mine right now and it seems to be doing a nice job. How long they last I have no idea. I've used this one for about two weeks so far.
    Blessings,
    Ruth

DeEtta ... use the blades in your Olfa or Fiskars rotary cutter (it might work in other brands too) but the actual carpet cutter device will not work on your fabrics!

warm quilt hugs, sue in CA

Quote Originally Posted by kellen46
    these are not harbor freight blades but....Jhittlesweing.com has 45mm blades, 10 for $14.90. That is not a bad price either. I buy from them and are a good source of all kinds of name brand notions at wholesale prices. Their blades are good and I use them, sharpen them and reuse them several times before they are done. There is also a place on the web where you can get blades sharpened but I am waiting until I have at least 20 used blades to not pay too much in shipping.
    Kellen do you have a dirrect link to the blades, I can't find them. :(

I was planning to but some new carpet, but guess I'd better wait till all you ladies get through buying them. The carpet layers will be out of work if they can't get blades!

Oh lookie!!! There is an ad for HarborFreight.com in the Google ads area! LOL too funny!!!

Blog Entries
    http://www.harborfreight.com/pack-of...des-97642.html

here is the link as these are carpet cutter blades that will work in our rotary cutters

and you can go to this link to find a store in your area by typing in your zip code

http://www.harborfreight.com/store-finder

Quote Originally Posted by dharen7
    my HF in Akron Ohio had them yesterday bought 10 packages and they were still 1.49 they had 5 left might go back tomorrow after work and get the rest wanted to make sure they fit my rotary cutter first
    I hope all the local locations aren't out. I've been trying for over a week since I found out about this to get some. No transportation. I live in akron and there are 3 locations within 20 miles of me. One in Akron, one in Canton and one in Barberton. Please don't clean them all out. I still may not be able to get there until this coming weekend.

All the stores in my area are sold out of the replacement blades. My DH bought the cutter since it comes with two blades and was only $4.00. He said with what he spent in gas, he may as well get something for me!

Jhittlesweing.com has 45mm blades, 10 for $14.90. That is not a bad price either. I buy from them and are a good source of all kinds of name brand notions at wholesale prices. Their blades are good and I use them, sharpen them and reuse them several times before they are done. There is also a place on the web where you can get blades sharpened but I am waiting until I have at least 20 used blades to not pay too much in shipping.[/quote]

Kellen do you have a dirrect link to the blades, I can't find them.

here is the item number from my recent order
    One pack of 10 rb-1b replacement rotary cutter blades
    Item# rb-1b_10pk_spec
    it is on the specials page....I am not sure which one. just type rotary cutter blades in the search box.

Oh kellen those are still much better than JoAnns. Thank you for the link.
    Go to Bing and type in Jhittlesewing.com and it will take you right to the website.

Thanks! I will :)

the one on manschester rd had 4 packs left on Monday

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast