Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Harley davidson fabric >

Harley davidson fabric

Harley davidson fabric

Old 06-14-2009, 04:25 PM

I had always been told that H-D would not license any fabric for use by the general public.
Old 06-14-2009, 05:26 PM

I found a few places to get different sets of The Harley Davidson sheets.
The best place is : http://www.bizrate.com
They show you several locations as well as their prices.

Amazon.com
jcpennys.com
kaboodle.com
Old 06-14-2009, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by mjsylvstr
I made my son a Harley-Davidson quilt a couple years ago.but didn't use regular fabric..I used about 53 of his Harley T's....he loves it.
I am still waiting for my granddaughter to come and show me how to send out pictures on this site...otherwise I would send you one of my "FOR BIKERS ONLY" QUILT.
I learned yesterday. Go to the quilting forum's pictures section. The first item is how to post pictures.
Old 06-15-2009, 08:48 AM

Check out www.bearpawquilting.com
Old 06-15-2009, 01:08 PM

I bought my Harley Fabric @ Wal-Mart in Bastrop, Texas. It was around $5.00 per yard.
I made some really cute Christmas Stockings from it with a white top and their names done in machine embroidery.
Were they ever shocked when they got their gifts........Katrina
Old 07-15-2009, 04:39 AM

Here is my "BIKERS ONLY" T-shirt quilt. I am hoping that I will be able to send this out. It is my first try at sending pictures. Wish me luck.
This quilt is made mostly from my son's T-shits....but it also has a little girl's Harley purse on it where something is able to be inserted into it. I also cut pockets of some of his shits and placed them on the quilt. I needed a few some spaces so I printed out pictures of my son and his wife on his Harley and some of his cousins on their Harleys......OK, here goes. if this doesn't work, I will keep trying !!!!!!!
MaryJane
Attached Thumbnails attachment-52361.jpe  
Old 07-15-2009, 04:42 AM

Please excuse the error in typing T-shirts.......I left out a letter and didnt' realize until it was to late.....I should be better at proof reading......sorry again.....
Old 07-15-2009, 04:43 AM

goodness..I made the same error twice...my "R" key must have been stuck.

So sorry again...mj
Old 07-15-2009, 12:01 PM
Power Poster

Hi MJ

I have also made Harley T-shirt quilts for my HOG (Harley Owners Group)chapter and a few commissioned ones. Unfortunately I don't have pictures. I really like how you made the blocks all different sizes and shapes.

Unlike you I cut every shirt design out on a 12 1/2 square (12" finished) then put sashing between each square that was 2" finished with cornerstones. The cornerstones were T-shirts that only had a small breast/pocket imprint or the ladies shirts which usually only have a small imprint of the dealership on the back. I designed the quilt with 4 blocks across and 5 blocks down. The inner border was also 2" wide and matched the sashing. The outer border was more of the 12" blocks of T-shirts only with no sashing between each block. I used fat bat batting and tied it because I couldn't imagine trying to quilt through those T's and the interfacing you have to put on them to keep them from stretching out of shape.

I could never find harley fabric either. I think the motor company does not license it out to be sold as fabric by the yard. But motorcycle theme fabric can be found. I have seen tattoos, flames, motorcycles, roadmaps. For my quilt I used fabric that looks like bricks in the sashing because the original factory in Milwaukee is all brick and the color seemed to blend well and not fight with any of the shirt designs.

FF
Old 07-15-2009, 12:27 PM

My blocks (I believe that there are 53) are anywhere from 4"x4" to the largest one being 16"x16"......My hubby got a posterboard and he cut pieces of paper to size and coordinated the blocks and that is how I got the position of all the blocks. I did the corners with the largest blocks and then started filling in.........it was a challenge ........to say the least.
I cut all the Harley buttons from my son's shirts and jackets and that is how I joined the top to the backing. Had to do that as there was nowhere that I could purchase Harley buttons....I guess the patent wouldn't allow it.
You are so right, I could never had quilted through that and the batting.......

I enjoyed making it for my son but I don't think (no in fact, I know) that I will not make another.

mj