Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Has anyone followed 'The Stash BusterChallenge"? >

Has anyone followed 'The Stash BusterChallenge"?

Has anyone followed 'The Stash BusterChallenge"?

Old 01-19-2024, 07:20 AM

Default Has anyone followed 'The Stash BusterChallenge"?

Has anyone done any Stash Buster Challenges? January 1st you can download a pattern and work on it all year. One block a week until you have a quilt. This year's is an Irish Chain. I love the Support and positive helpful hints. Just wondering if anyone else has tried these.
Old 01-19-2024, 03:19 PM

I am assuming that you are referring to the Border Creek Station Stash Buster Challenge.I have given it a try several years in a row, I don't do well with the make one blocks a week or even two concept. I make one or two and cant stop, so I just dive in and work on the quilt using their blocks which are pretty easy. For me the lure of a prize at the end or the chance of a prize is not motivating enough for me. I just like having a moderately simple block at hand and making a quilt top using what is in my stash. The one from several years a go I finished in about two months and it became a friendship quilt for a woman who was in her final days of life. Friends filled a block with scriptures of encouragement and their name. For that stash buster, I was glad I hurried ahead and finished early. Last year's quilt top is finished but is now a lonely UFO. No motivation to layer and quilt it because it is just to big! I've not started this year's challenge because I have so many other irons in the fire so to speak.

Try it, they are fun easy and I found the directions good. Enjoy. And show your results here!

Old 01-20-2024, 12:39 PM

I'd never heard of this but have checked it out and find it intriguing. Thanks for sharing!
Old 01-22-2024, 04:11 AM

Apparently I did the first year and then forgot to check back to Border Creek for the following years. Then again, perhaps I should finish the first year before I jump into another? Nah, where's the fun in that?
Old 01-23-2024, 07:23 AM

I started using 2 1/2 inch scraps. It goes together quick and easy. Hopefully it will make a dent in my scraps.