Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Has anyone ordered from Fabrics4less? >

Has anyone ordered from Fabrics4less?

Has anyone ordered from Fabrics4less?

Old 05-04-2014, 03:11 PM

Default Has anyone ordered from Fabrics4less?

This company's name came up on another thread either about online purchasing or purchasing by the bolt. As stated on that thread, you do have to register to see the prices, but WOW what prices!! I am wondering if anyone on this board has dealt with this company and what they thought of the quality of the fabric. I am specifically looking at the wide backing, tone on tone and solid black.

Thanks for any info you can give me.
Old 05-04-2014, 03:45 PM
Power Poster

I've ordered from them for about 3 years and have been pleased with the fabric & prices. BTW Fabrics4less is in the UK. Fabric4Less is in California. With any fabric sales company, the quality of the fabric depends on the fabric manufacturer, not the company selling it. Fabric4Less has fabrics from many well known fabric mills, so I stick to ordering manufacturers I am familiar with. Their prices are very good, but I think that the fabric is not current year, not a big deal to me as I look for blenders. They are not a retail site but I don't think you need a tax ID. The down side is the shipping costs. A bolt of fabric is heavy. To ship here to Michigan, you can add about $0.75/yard. They bill actual shipping costs, so you order the fabric, then they pack it & add the shipping, you don't know how much shipping is going to be beforehand. The other thing is that although a 'normal' bolt of fabric is 15 yards, I've gotten some with as much as 20 and as little as 10 (they charge you accordingly). I usually look at their online catalog with another quilting friend and we split the bolts.
Old 05-04-2014, 04:25 PM

Thanks PaperPrincess and thanks for pointing out the spelling error. I did mean Fabric4less. I was looking at the Fedex cost for app. 3 bolts to Canada and it only added about $1 per yard to the price. Considering the cost of fabric here, I would be paying 1/4-1/3 that cost. Definitely worth thinking about.
Old 05-04-2014, 04:41 PM

Thanks for sharing the information.
Old 05-04-2014, 05:26 PM

I use Fabric4less and have found the fabric to be excellent quality and the service to be great. I ordered about 8 bolts and all were good, LQS quality. Would recommend them to anyone.
Old 05-04-2014, 06:58 PM
Power Poster

GingerK, I would like to know if you do place an order what their service is like to Canada. I have used a few different USA sites but have not tried this one.
Old 05-05-2014, 03:46 AM

MamaBear, according to their site, it would be shipped by fedex. I entered a weight of 20 lbs. (about 3 bolts by their standards) and came up with a price of $40 for ground delivery. Considering that I would be getting abt. 45 yards of fabric, I think that would be acceptable. Will have to talk to DH about this one.
Old 05-05-2014, 03:59 AM

The only time I bought a bolt of fabric I was so tired of it by the time I used it all I could hardly stand it - I'm still seeing bits and pieces in my scrap and string bins.