Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Has anyone tried both Janome 1600P QC AND MC6600P

Has anyone tried both Janome 1600P QC AND MC6600P

And if so, what did you think about each one?
    I think I've narrowed my choice down to these two - obviously there is a bit of a price difference between the two.

I own the 6600. I really like it. You should look for a used one. Since the 7700 came out I bet alot of people traded theirs in.

Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    And if so, what did you think about each one?
    I think I've narrowed my choice down to these two - obviously there is a bit of a price difference between the two.
    I love my 6600P. I have had it 5 years, and it is the best machine I have ever owned. I have heard that it is still better than the newer ones. It is an awsome machine.
    Karen from Appleton, Wisconsin

Blog Entries
    Love my 6600. It does every I need it to do. I have fmq a quilt that 100x100.
    Happy Quilting.

Blog Entries
    Love my 6600 it was a gently used (less than 3 months) traded for a Horizon. It is a workhorse and a great machine to own.
    Dreams Do Come True
    Good friends are like quilts - they age with you, yet never lose their warmth.

I love my 6600.

My undertanding is that the 1600 is a terrific workhorse ... however, all it does is go forward and back, and you don't have all the extra features.

You really need to think of your needs today ... and into the future, as to which will serve you best.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Blog Entries
    We have the 6600P and just purchased the 11,000. I have had the 6600p for 2 years I would not trade it in both are great machines.
    I have a Kenmore 45 years old never needed repair I used it in my Bridal shop foe 19 years I had 5 sewers using it 6 days a week, I found out Janome made it. I still use it all the time.

I am a believer.

I found a used 6600 from a dealer and just love the machine....was relatively easy fmq on a king sized quilt

I guess I would be looking for the easiest one, I am not *great* at precision and things like that - so anything that would help me do a better job would be good!

I don't have either but I do have the 7700 which is very similar to the 6600. Both have lots of bells and whistles.

My understanding is that the 1600 is a straight stitch only machine..no zigzag, no buttonholes, no fancy stitches, nothing but straight stitch only. Apparently, it's very good if that's all you want. I do have a hankering for one to put on a quilting frame...if I had a quilting frame...lol.
    Blessings from Janice

Asheville, previously Lake Vermilion, Tarpon Springs
    Blog Entries
    I do have a 1600p, and love it for piecing and quilting. It is a heavy machine and a real workhorse. I do have other machines that do zig zag and have some limited decorative stitches. I din't think you would be happy with the 1600 if you want to do embroidery patterns. Oh, and my machine doesn't take standard needles.
    I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it difficult to plan the day.

Kris

I admit - I get very overwhelmed with the bells and whistles. I am only starting out - but I know I need more than what I have, there is something comfortingly basic about the 1600P QC - then again, I don't want to have to upgrade for a very long while. Think I'll have to go try them both out.

Oh, if it doesn't take standard needles then that would annoy me, also - It sounds like a great machine, but I do want one that I can take with me where ever I go! So as much as I love the sound of it, maybe that isn;t the one for me!

If you want portability, then you really don't want either of those. It's not that you can't take them with you, but they are big in size ... and heavy.

The Gem (or is it Jem) is 3/4 size and a lot of people like them for taking to class. And there's lots of other models that give a good range of features, and are full size, yet still quite portable.

The best way to get to know the machines is to go on the Janome site and compare the features. Then go to the store and sit and sew. Honestly, I don't think you can go wrong with any of the Janome's ... it's just a matter of deciding what is right for you now .. and into the future!
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/