Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Has anyone used Cheryl Almgren Taylor's Christmas Is Coming? >

Has anyone used Cheryl Almgren Taylor's Christmas Is Coming?

Has anyone used Cheryl Almgren Taylor's Christmas Is Coming?

Old 02-14-2014, 01:40 AM

Default Has anyone used Cheryl Almgren Taylor's Christmas Is Coming?

I am participating in a block a month informal group at my local Quilt Harbor quilt shop in Aberdeen, WA using Cheryl Almgren Taylor's Christmas Is Coming book from Martingale. We chose to come up with a quilt of our own using the patterns and ideas in this book. Our first block is one with people --- roughly equivalent to the Christmas Pageant Wall Hanging. Me, being a bit left of center and off balance at the same time ---I chose an old family photo to reproduce in fabric. I have all the parts pressed in place and waiting for the stitching down. My block will cut down to 12 1/2 inches square after Ive finished stitching. I need to take photos and I would love to hear from anyone else who is doing this. I think I will try to do a block featuring a Menorrah to honor the heritage of my Grandmother and her brother who are the people in the people block. That along with a wreath with an electric candle in it. I also plot and plan a tall Christmas tree. I plan to use the gift boxes and Christmas lights and balls and stockings in this quilt too. I will post photos next week of what I have so far.