Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Has anyone used this new product when making purses? >

Has anyone used this new product when making purses?

Has anyone used this new product when making purses?

Old 10-07-2012, 08:02 AM

Default Has anyone used this new product when making purses?

I have seen a new product in shops that is being marketed as an alternative batting specifically for purse making. It's called inn control - I am wondering how it works vs. other battings and is it really better?
Old 10-07-2012, 08:14 AM

I do not know if we are talking about the same thing but my LQS has offered me a really stiff new product called for in one of my patterns. They say you can sew through it no problems but I just did not want to buy it. I ended up not making the purse. Good luck. I will be watching the thread to see what others have to say.
Old 10-07-2012, 08:45 AM

This product was pretty light and seemed flexible... The store I was in thought Vera Bradley bags were made using this product but who knows.

Originally Posted by Tashana View Post
I do not know if we are talking about the same thing but my LQS has offered me a really stiff new product called for in one of my patterns. They say you can sew through it no problems but I just did not want to buy it. I ended up not making the purse. Good luck. I will be watching the thread to see what others have to say.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:14 AM

I just purchased some at a quilt show yesterday and will be using it this week at quilt camp..It appears to be an awesome product.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:14 AM

It isn't all that new. There are two types of Inn-Control. Plain Inn-Control is just that, just another form of batting that is a lot like headliner foam in a car. It is flexible but more stiff (for lack of a better word than batting) but it isn't rigid. Inn-Control Plus is the other kind and that is fusible....like fusible fleece but still more stiff. It sews nice for larger bags EXCEPT if you have a lot if layers to go through it can be a pain. Bosal also makes a similar product that is a little less expensive. Auntie's Two patterns use a lot of Inn-Control (she is affiliated with them) and Kris Poor I believe has some stuff using it as well, however, Kris isn't affiliated with them.
Old 10-07-2012, 02:53 PM

Looks like the same thing as Soft And Stable from ByAnnie.com. I've used the Soft And Stable and like it a lot. It is easy to sew through and is lightweight. Gives nice support to purses. The only downfall is that it is expensive. I use it for my own purses, but can't afford to use it for the ones I sell.
Old 10-07-2012, 03:34 PM

I think I will stick to Pellon Fusible Fleece. I wait until I have a 50% off coupon from JoAnn's and then buy a whole 15 yard bolt. Figures out to be less that I can get it at WalMart.