Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Has anyone used the Quilters Candy Solids from Connecting Threads? Did you like it? >

Has anyone used the Quilters Candy Solids from Connecting Threads? Did you like it?

Has anyone used the Quilters Candy Solids from Connecting Threads? Did you like it?

Old 02-27-2019, 06:13 AM

Default Has anyone used the Quilters Candy Solids from Connecting Threads? Did you like it?

I noticed Connecting Threads Has a good price on Quilters Candy solids. I was just wondering if you could advise me on the quality? Thanks
Old 02-27-2019, 06:50 AM

Yes, I like the fabric. Just ordered some and some thread, too.
Old 02-27-2019, 07:06 AM

I have, and I did!
Old 02-27-2019, 07:15 AM

I love fabric from Connecting Threads.
Old 02-27-2019, 08:18 AM

I don't care for solids so went with their Mirage which is or should say was a blender collection. Seems after all this time they're getting rid of it all. Drat it all as I really liked using it. Had all the old colors, seems there were a few new ones but they're already in the clearance section and I'm on a "no fabric buying" moratorium this year so I'll have to pass on getting them before they're gone. I did find the Mirage frays a bit even after starching but it had a nice drape and feel to it, not thin by any means. I'd image their solids should be the same quality and you can't beat the prices.
Old 02-27-2019, 08:22 AM

Ehhh…. Some of their new fabrics are good. Ordered some batiks and I'm happy with those. There for awhile everyone was walking away from CT because the quality had fallen off. The new Luxe they promote is supposed to be good, but I don't know what's going on with the solids. Just cut into some solid cream that I bought some time ago and it is fraying as I work with it.
Also, be aware that the pieces in charms and ten inch squares are not marked, so if you buy a sampler and decide to order more of one color its a guessing game. I did this and carefully kept the stack in the original order, called and was told they don't have them arranged by number, so she could not help me identify the item I wanted. Now if you buy a fat quarter it will have a sticky label telling what it is.
Old 02-27-2019, 08:42 AM

I use connecting threads solids a lot. To me they are great. Don't be afraid of them.
Old 02-27-2019, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by Snooze2978 View Post
I don't care for solids so went with their Mirage which is or should say was a blender collection. Seems after all this time they're getting rid of it all. Drat it all as I really liked using it. Had all the old colors, seems there were a few new ones but they're already in the clearance section and I'm on a "no fabric buying" moratorium this year so I'll have to pass on getting them before they're gone. I did find the Mirage frays a bit even after starching but it had a nice drape and feel to it, not thin by any means. I'd image their solids should be the same quality and you can't beat the prices.
I loved, loved, Loved the Mirage line, too!

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 02-27-2019 at 10:46 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps
Old 02-27-2019, 04:58 PM
Power Poster

I bought lots of yards of quilter's cotton a few years back. I did not choose any solids. Almost all is gone now, only small pieces. It is a great weight and I loved it.
Old 02-27-2019, 05:14 PM

I love their fabric, too.