Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Have a question

Blog Entries

Have a question

i have a quilt that i am hand quilting im not done hand quilting yet my quilt i have washed it just once
    i decided to wash my quilt once
    i sometimes use a marking pencils called General pastel chalk pencil i used a indigo blue chalk pencil
    the blue chalk pencil didnt quite wash out is there something i can buy that will (im hoping) wash outName:  IMG_0021.JPG
Views: 863
Size:  127.6 KBName:  IMG_0022.JPG
Views: 863
Size:  131.7 KB

Do you still have the packaging? Possible fixes depend on what it was made with.

I'm afraid that most indigo chalks I know are designed for construction and being permanent -- but that doesn't mean to give up hope however you may have to accept it as a design element... Groan, sometimes we just have to remind ourselves when the bad things happen that it was still made with love and that love is still there.
    Quilters: Advanced tool using humans.

Blog Entries
    Crayola Washable pens are absolutely wonderful! They do wash completely out without soaps, just water. I stay away from red for some unknown reason. Be aware that they color quite strongly but do wash out totally. Try on a scrap!
    http://s1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh485/KitsieH/
    Never regret growing older, its a privilege denied to many.
    Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Kitsie

My longarm quilter always says to mix baking soda and water and that will take out marks.

I would try Dawn detergent also, but on a scrap first. Ask me how I know!