Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Have you ever seen a bobbin do this? >

Have you ever seen a bobbin do this?

Have you ever seen a bobbin do this?

Old 10-22-2011, 08:32 AM

I have two brother machines that I have purchased from Wal-mart. I had this to happen to me once and come to find out, I had bought more bobbins off the shelf at Wal-mart and I had bought the wrong bobbin. Have you bought replacement bobbins and could this be your problem, also. I went back and bought somemore and compared them. One bobbin is a little thicker than the other and that is what made all the difference. Hopes this helps......
Old 10-22-2011, 08:32 AM

I have two brother machines that I have purchased from Wal-mart. I had this to happen to me once and come to find out, I had bought more bobbins off the shelf at Wal-mart and I had bought the wrong bobbin. Have you bought replacement bobbins and could this be your problem, also. I went back and bought somemore and compared them. One bobbin is a little thicker than the other and that is what made all the difference. Hopes this helps......
Old 10-22-2011, 08:41 AM

When it happened to me, my bobbin carrier had broken - not allowing it to unwind evenly, thus the mess..... I had to replace the carrier in my Singer.
Old 10-22-2011, 08:49 AM

WOW that is terrible. now I am wondering if I should buy the Brother 6000i I have been thinking about it. Would you recommend it?
Old 10-22-2011, 08:53 AM

oh yes me to this has happened to usually when I am embroidering something, What a mess!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-22-2011, 08:55 AM

Oh my how many times this has happened to me .Make sure you clean EVERYTHING OUT.Rethread everything .I believe it is caused by the bobbin not being right or the top thread coming out of the right thread path
Old 10-22-2011, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by Deborahlees
happened to me once, think the thread was not wound on the bobbin correctly, like not tight enough.....
Yea on one of my older machines that did happen and yes for some reason the bobbin didn't wind tight enough so from that point on I always double checked to be sure it did.
Old 10-22-2011, 09:07 AM

Happened to me when the bobbin wasn't wound correctly.

Originally Posted by Deborahlees
happened to me once, think the thread was not wound on the bobbin correctly, like not tight enough.....
Old 10-22-2011, 09:39 AM

You could also check your bobbin case. They're supposed to be replaced every 5 years I'm told.
Old 10-22-2011, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by lovelyl
I was sewing along with my Brother 6000i and suddenly everything froze up with a clunking sound. When I finally got the bobbin out, this is what it looked like. Have you ever had this happen before? What could have caused it????
Linda
Yes I use to have this happen often when i first started sewing. It's from when you thread to fill a bobbin not going in the right direction and not filling properly.

On my machine when I put the thread around that little round screw or whatever it is I must over lap it like starting to make a 8 and pull it into the bobbin and it will wind correctly.

If I just pull it around that round screw thing and into the bobbin straight it will not wind bobbin properly and will cause what you have here.