Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Have you ever started a project that you thought would be easily done? >

Have you ever started a project that you thought would be easily done?

Have you ever started a project that you thought would be easily done?

Old 05-04-2012, 04:04 PM

Ah, that is a big job. I am sure it will be super nice when it is done! I am sorting thru and cleaning out myself. I have manage to collect too much I think. I am looking forward to have a neat and organized room. I plan on taking some things to goodwill tomorrow. It is so refreshing to clean out!
Old 05-07-2012, 03:45 AM

wow unreal and truley a sad story.Anything homade is the best gift ever,my awesome mil made me some quilts and some for the kids and iam so weird about them .I placed all thier baby quilts in bags and the ones we have out now iam always like becareful.lol .someone obvisly dont know how much time and effort and love that goes into them.Ill always cherrish mine and have them always,glad you still have it since they didnt like it though. Jess

Originally Posted by loriea View Post
One of my first attempt at quilting was a double wedding ring. Not until I was nearly finished did I notice that it was a pattern not reccomended for beginners. It was a wedding gift I actually finished shortly after the wedding. The couple did not like it, it did not match their decor. So it is still at my house. Sad but at least it is not in a dog house or worse.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:41 AM

Default Perging Fabric

I don't know if any of these ideas would work for you but I'll share just in case. Our quilt guild makes charity bags for children who have had to go into protective custody for something to put all their things in. We also do children's quilts for the local hospital. Our embroidery guild does pillowcase dresses for a poor country. I'm sorry but for the life of me I can't remember which country. One of our members takes them to her church and they ship them. Fabric donations for these projects are greatly appreciated. You might check with your local groups. At our quilt show we have a Stash table. We bring our "no longer want" things". We set the price we want and the guild gets 20% of what we make. It really helps us and it is also a profit maker for the guild.
Robin in TX
Old 06-07-2012, 11:56 AM

I have the applique daschund that my sister talked me into doing for our father... I did finally get it completed, but I have 2 partial ones to finish someday since the instructions for doing it were NOT simple... it took my second attempt on my own to make it come out right...
Old 06-07-2012, 02:41 PM

Went through my cupboards in my sewing room looking for a pattern. Found it in the second to last cupboard. Thought I was done--everything looked so nice. Then decided to organize my fabric. Both these projects have taken a week. I think I am done, but you never know. Awhile ago I gave away a lot of fabric and my magazines. A few new quilters were very happy, and it made me feel good. Every once in awhile you need to purge your stash.
Sue
Old 06-07-2012, 02:49 PM
Power Poster

It's sort of like remodeling the kitchen. A contractor tells you 4 weeks. Now you multiply that by 3 and then 4. Now that is a realistic time frame. You will feel so good when you near your goal and see the end in sight. Good luck with the purge. A yard sale sounds good.
peace
Old 08-01-2012, 09:22 PM

There have been some amazing people out there who have donated fabric to Goodwill. I am eternally grateful to them. Their donations make it affordable for me to buy fabric for the little dresses that I make to go to orphanages in Nicaragua and Africa. If people just tossed that out, it would be much less clothes for those kids!
Old 08-02-2012, 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by loriea View Post
One of my first attempt at quilting was a double wedding ring. Not until I was nearly finished did I notice that it was a pattern not reccomended for beginners. It was a wedding gift I actually finished shortly after the wedding. The couple did not like it, it did not match their decor. So it is still at my house. Sad but at least it is not in a dog house or worse.
I had to re-read this I was SO shocked! How RUDE! Take some comfort in the fact they didn't accept it and stuff it in a cupboard. At least now you've got the option of either giving it to someone who really appreciates your time, effort and expense or keeping it for yourself to look back on. It's their loss.