Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Have you ever used these?

Blog Entries
    I bought the Omnigrid ones that has 3 different lengths in one much cheaper package than the 2 F&P's and each one has lengthwise measurements down to the 1/8". Use them a lot!

Blog Entries
    I have those and I don't use them a lot. If I was doing more machine applique I would probably use them more, but not right now. I do use them when I am making a lot of half square triangles, using the method of two squares, marking and sewing down 2 seams, cutting apart. That's when I use them the most.

Quote Originally Posted by ginnie6
    okay well the quilt I am making for ds is all hsq's. Same blocks as the quilt I made for other ds but a different layout. I think I will get one of these to make it easier. It took me forever to do the other ones.
    Here's something that might help you out:

http://www.blockcentral.com/a-halfsq...glepaper.shtml

I don't have them. I use my 1x6 ruler.

Blog Entries
    I use mine all the time... I have both the long one and the shorter one.. If I lost mine, I'd buy another one next time I went out! Makes marking HST so much easier, I can even do them while riding in the car as we travel! If you don't have one, get one!

I had one, think I used it once or twice, now I can't find it, maybe one of my cats played with it or I just forgot where I put it. I'm fixing to clean out drawers and cabinets and hoping to find several things.

Blog Entries
    You don't need it to make perfect HST, any ruler will work or tape, or 1/4 foot, or any number of other methods and tools. But this ruler is easy to handle, perfect fit, no measuring. I don't draw a line down the middle, I use my old dressmaking tracing wheel and run down the sides of this ruler and then sew on the dotted line!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by paintedquilt
    use 'em, luv 'em
    me too.

:D

Wouldn't be without mine, especially for HST's.

Blog Entries
    Remember back when we went into a quilt shop or Hancock or JoAnn's and went over to the department that has the rulers and stuff and we figured we had to have this or that because we were "quilters" now and that had to be part of our tool drawer? Well, of all the things I bought, 90% of which I don't even use, the 1/4" ruler is the greatest and best thing I have ever purchased. Mine is a F&P. I gave my longer one to a neighbor who is quilting now and she loves hers. So today I will be using it again as I have started a new quilt with a billion hst's. Edie

I don't have the F&P, but I do have one that I use whenever I am making HST. I love it, its so easy to sit and watch tv or just sit in your chair and mark however many you need. Its great. Could and have done it without and used a ruler, but this is so much easier.

Rita

if so opinions on them? are they worth it or is it easier to mark 1/4 seams with a regular ruler by turning it?

http://www.amazon.com/Fons-Porter-Qu...626743&sr=8-22
    I don't use them. I take 2 yellow standard #2 pencils and rubberband them together. The outer one is 1/4 inch from the inner one when tracing. k

Another thing for me to misplace. I draw a line and use the presser foot as well.

I'm not sure how they work - I have an add-a- quarter inch ruler that is very handy for FPP.

if so opinions on them? are they worth it or is it easier to mark 1/4 seams with a regular ruler by turning it?

http://www.amazon.com/Fons-Porter-Qu...626743&sr=8-22
    Yes, I've used them - I found they break easily becasue they're so thin, and I find not as accurate as a ruler.

Blog Entries
    I take my squares, put my ruler on it, point to point, run my pencil down each side, pin it down, V OILA! Sew each line and cut down the middle. That's how I use it. Works like a charm for me. Edie

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    I have several and use them. But don't make the mistake of using the side with the 1/4" if you aren't supposed to. I did and was way off on a quilt top and could not figure out why. Then took it to the LQS and she figured it out when she saw my ruler. She said lots of new rulers users make the same mistake. Whew....

I just bought those and I think they will be neat. I had one from the past and misplaced it somewhere.

Blog Entries
    I have Deb Tucker's "Quilter's Magic Wand". It was a special offer at a quilt show, but I think it was the bright lime green color that attracted me. I can't believe how often I use it, not only for quilting, but also for scrapbooking. www.Studio180Design.net.

Blog Entries
    I have two and used them on paper-piecing which made life easier for me.

I don't have one. I just use me regular ruler to draw the cut line and sew on either side of it.

I got mine for $1 at a quilt show, bought two longer ones and two smaller ones. I LOVE them.

I use the quarter inch marker all the time. Makes sewing half square triangles a snap.

so you have lots of thoughts now
    if it was me, and it was at one time-lol
    i bought some similar at the store that has coupons to make
    it less costly and not f&p brand. not that theirs isnt great, i live on very little every month and have to only
    allow sales on items. Of course If I didnt use them
    often enough I would donate them to whomever needed them, like the people in Louisana who loss stuff to storms and
    Nashville quilters as well who need replacements. However,
    if you need them and will use them they are useful!~

I have one of the original ones before F&P came out with theirs, I like it. I find that quite a lot of F&P products
    are more expensive.
    Sharon W.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast