Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
have you heard of >

have you heard of

have you heard of

Old 07-19-2010, 07:09 PM

It sounds good but in practice, not so much! I recently was asked to do the quilting by a friend who had already fused the batting to the top and back. However, I discovered that the back needed to be adjusted since she had a design incorporated in it and it was a real BEAR to reheat and then move the back on the fusible batting! Also, if you aren't careful when trying to reheat, it will rip and then you are left with a place where there is no fusible web left on the batting. I love to try new things but have informed everyone I know not to use fusible batting if they want me to do any quilting!
Old 07-20-2010, 04:47 AM

I have used that. JoAnns carries it, but I prefer the low natural batting.
Old 07-20-2010, 04:51 AM

I use it all the time. It does cost more but with the 40% off at Joann's, not bad. I do hand quilting in a hoop. After getting my quilt all put together I baste a strip of fabric, about 4 inches wide all around the quilt. This seals the edge and allows me to quilt right up to the edge. Then I start in the center and quilt out. This way I can take the quilt with me, in the trailer, and quilt all winter while we are camping in Mexico.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by litacats
I don't know the name of it, I only saw it for the first time today, and the lady who showed me hadn't used it yet, it is batting that you iron on to the quilt top then turn it over and iron on the backing.
it saves you have to baste the 3 pieces together
Does it have paper on one side so it doesn't stick to the ironing board when you iron the first side? (Like fusibles for applique.)
Old 07-20-2010, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by seamstome
Fusiboo???
That's it! Ithought so but wasnt sure. I am pretty sure they don't sell this at Joann's. At least not that i've seen. Fusi-boo. that's definitely it.

Here's the link:

http://www.fairfieldworld.com/produc...-fiber-batting

I just ordered a sample. says to allow a few weeks. Once I get my sample, I will share my opinions.
Old 07-20-2010, 10:09 AM

Yes I'v used it. It was ok. Liked using the basting spray better. Problem was it was bulkey to manage on the ironing board.
Old 07-20-2010, 10:13 AM

Yes I'v used it. It was ok. Liked using the basting spray better. Problem was it was bulkey to manage on the ironing board.
Old 07-20-2010, 02:36 PM

I saw this @Joanns in Knoxville, Tn on Sunday
Old 07-20-2010, 03:19 PM

I'm really new at all of this and was wondering if the fusible batting or the spray ever makes the needle sticky??? I've been sewing for forty years, but just started quilting. I remember fusible products used to make the sewing machine needle drag. I gather they have improved these products to prevent this??? Thanks so much to everyone on this board. I have learned SO much from reading the posts.
Old 07-20-2010, 03:25 PM

I think it's by Hobbs. I tried it a couple of times and did not like it at all. I will stick to the spray basting. Much easier, works with any batting, and don't have to shop around for it.