Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Have you received the new Missouri Quilt magazine? >

Have you received the new Missouri Quilt magazine?

Have you received the new Missouri Quilt magazine?

Old 02-24-2014, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Madgie Rae View Post
What is the total price for a year for this magazine? How is the billing to be done? I think I have grossly misunderstood.
When you subscribe, you give them your credit card number. Then, every other month your card will be charged for one issue when it is shipped. This will continue unless or until you tell them to stop.

I, too, am watching and waiting. Can hardly wait to get it in my hands! Then I will hibernate somewhere that no one can find me and just soak it up!
Old 02-25-2014, 06:51 AM

So . . . what you're saying is that essentially we signed on for a $36 dollar a year subscription?
Old 02-25-2014, 07:06 AM
Power Poster

Yes it's $36 a year if you buy all the issues.
Old 02-25-2014, 09:28 AM

Still wanting to know if these will be sold in stores. I prefer to purchase magazines and books in stores. I know I will enjoy the magazine, but do not want any more subscriptions (I am letting all my subscriptions expire). So, does anyone know if this will be sold in stores for those of us who do not wish to carry a subscription? I hate to miss out on what may be a great magazine, but will pass if it will not be released to outside sales.
Old 02-25-2014, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Bneighbor View Post
Still wanting to know if these will be sold in stores. I prefer to purchase magazines and books in stores. I know I will enjoy the magazine, but do not want any more subscriptions (I am letting all my subscriptions expire). So, does anyone know if this will be sold in stores for those of us who do not wish to carry a subscription? I hate to miss out on what may be a great magazine, but will pass if it will not be released to outside sales.
From what I understand from the website is that you can order them online from MSQC but it does not say if they will be available in any LQS or big box stores.
Old 02-25-2014, 11:20 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Bneighbor View Post
Still wanting to know if these will be sold in stores. I prefer to purchase magazines and books in stores. I know I will enjoy the magazine, but do not want any more subscriptions

You don't have to have a subscription to buy an issue from their store. You will pay shipping cost for each issue though and if it was available on newsstands it would be a higher price per issue due to distribution costs. I'm glad to see subscribing has it's advantages, usually it's the other way around.
Old 02-25-2014, 01:24 PM

Thank you for the responses. Guess I will have to wait to see if it shows up in my LQS or big box store. Looking forward to reviews from everyone.
Old 02-26-2014, 07:28 AM
Power Poster

did everyone get a second email saying you were signed up?? is that supposed to tell you it's being mailed? I worry they have signed me up twice...... and yes I did email them asking this. just wondered.
Old 02-26-2014, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by nativetexan View Post
did everyone get a second email saying you were signed up?? is that supposed to tell you it's being mailed? I worry they have signed me up twice...... and yes I did email them asking this. just wondered.
When I first subscribed I received two emails saying "congrats you have subscribed" I didn't call, but they only charged my card once. I figured it was just a glitch.
Old 02-26-2014, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by Madgie Rae View Post
What is the total price fora year for this magazine? How is the billing to be done? I think I have grossly misunderstood.
All I know is they will charge $5.99 to my credit card once every 2 months for the current issue. The magazine is to be published bimonthly, therefore 6 magazines per year. When you subscribe, there is no extra charge for shipping.