Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Have you taken a class lately? >

Have you taken a class lately?

Have you taken a class lately?

Old 10-14-2010, 07:48 AM

I had never tried paper piecing and a class was offered at our LQS - I signed up for the class and WOW - I fell in love with a new method of quilting - it's a little putzy but everything comes out perfect - our instructor is the best - thanks Merle. I'll post a photo when I'm done with my wall hanging.

The following week (this past weekend) I was signed up for a class with Darlene Zimmerman - the Clothesline Club/Feedsack fabric designer - we worked on a hummingbird pattern - love Darlene's rulers and quick method of completing her blocks - worth checking out her patterns if you have never tried one before. Also her patterns are easily adapted to other fabrics; ie batik/civil war/others.
Old 10-14-2010, 08:05 AM

I took a class with Cara Gulati just last week. Another guild in our area was hosting her as speaker and she was offering two different workshops. Had to take the day off from work (what a hardship!) but it was well worth it. I did get enough blocks for two beautiful "Radiant Suns" wallhangings. Bought the templates, but probably won't make the quilt until I retaire. So many quilts, so little time!

I love classes, even if it is something I have done before, because you always learn something new. And with as many techniques and tools as there are around, I doubt I'll ever be able to say I know all about any type of quilting.

If you want to try something different, take a mystery quilt class or try one online. Talk about being out of your comfort box!