Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Having a terrible time with jelly rolls

Blog Entries
    Time and willingness to adapt also helped me recover after a severe concussion. Try something very simple that is driven by your favorite colors. Or make a rag quilt where matching up corner is not essential. Your brain function will recover.

I had a stroke when my DH died and my memory suffered. Take it easy and ask for help. Start quilting with just squares or make a simple jelly row race quilt. Your brain will rejuvenate eventually, it's a marvelous organ.

Prayers for a full recovery!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by d.rickman View Post
    Here are the pages - maybe someone can check this out and help this young lady with overcoming her health issues and get back to her passion. Thanks in advance.Attachment 571806
    This post has my vote as "best answer". Hugs.
    If you always do, what you have always done, The results never change. Change is the wings you give yourself.

The problem may not be you nor your malady. Read some reviews on this book and more than one person mentioned that the lack in continuity of size in jelly roll strips creates many problems with this set of patterns. Also several mentions of needing/having to buy a particular ruler to have good success. You may have this ruler, but if the strips you are using aren't uniform . . . sounds like the problems may not originate with you. Don't stop quilting! Don't give up any ground you've gained! Praying for you!

Are you cutting them crosswise?
    "The great doing of little things makes the great life." Eugena Price

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2