Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Head protector for recliner

Quote Originally Posted by jeank
    I know what you mean. On my husband's recliner, I use a bath towel the same color as the chair on the back. It helps with the sweat in the summer. Two hand towels on the arms completes the set.

Jean
    Same here...but it's time to replace them and I may make something with decorator weight fabric...maybe terry (or a towel) on the side that goes next to the chair, to help it stay on, and fabric on the side facing out. Anyone done that?

Anita

My favorite recliner is leather and pleather so I made the back protector envelope-style, really like a big, upside down tote bag. It stays in place that way without upholstery pins, etc. Used stretchy fleece fabric on the back so I can pop it on and off for washing. Got the idea when I made seat covers for my car. The expensive but unattractive commercial covers use lots of thin synthetic knits on the sides and backs. I had some grey fleece left from another project and found it had enough stretch that I could just make side seams (pin-fitted them on the seats first) for the upright seats and they went on and off like socks. An outdoorsy fleece might be nice for your chair, if it fits the rest of the room. (Throw pillows to match, maybe?) :idea:

Quote Originally Posted by kakels
    I am getting a new recliner and my DH has very oily hair. I want to quilt a "head protector" to throw over the top of the recliner that can just be thrown in the wash. The recliner is beige so I thought beiges, browns and a few creams for the color. Any ideas on a pattern I should use?
    Get one of those fabric picture panels. Make a sadwich, quilt and bind it. I did the buffalo one for my husband's chair. Everyone admires it...........

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PaperPrincess
    Wow, the return of the antimacassar. Sounds like a fun quick project!
    So true. Love your quilt idea.

KK

I have a whole quilt on my husband's chair - covers everything and is very comfy as it is all cotton. I take if off when we have company.
    My Mom always had throws or towels on all furniture to protect it. Quess I am doing the same. My hubby wanted the quilt on it.

Blog Entries
    I made a small quilt out of my old polyester neck ties. The polyester washes well and the batting prevents any oil from soaking through.

A large star

Power Poster
    create a design that matches your decor. How about something he is interested in like fishing, tv, bowling etc.

When my little granddaughter was in Kindergarten I made her a little quilt to nap on. She is now 20 and I have been using that little nap quilt on the back of my lounger for almost 10 years now...Works great.

Dee
    I put sheets on ours. The queen size ones. Our little girl loves to sit on them also. She is our Kokoa(Toy Poodle)

Quote Originally Posted by bearisgray
    Good idea to put something on that area right away. It's quite surprising how much we shed.

I put microfiber towels on the fabric arms of the recliner we bought - and they do get dirty!

They do look a bit dorky, but they do help keep the arms cleaner.
    My husband has a lazy boy he sits in when he comes in from the barn for lunch. It isn't practical for him to change clothes just to have lunch. I would have to put a whole quilt over it to protect it. I call it his " toxic chair" I do however, put a huge bath sheet over the back of the chair and headrest so that I can at least wash that part.

I made a cover with a bath towel that matched my fabric to a "T"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2