Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Heart broken

Blog Entries
    I have plans to make at least 2 quilts by Jan 9th for xmas presents. So I have bought fabric that I just love! I need to wash this stuff so at my mentors suggestion I am getting ready to zig zag it before I throw it into the washer.....the kids are in bed...hubby is upstairs watching tv...I've been planning this all day! I put the machine on the kitchen table (I have no sewing place) I thread the machine since it's been like 6 months since I have used it. I go to check the bobbin to make sure it has enough to get me through. AND the bobbin casing is GONE!!!! I search the area that shes been sitting and nothing. I actually sat down and cried. Now I have to go online and see how much it's going to cost me to get a replacement. Guess no quilting for me for a while! :shock: :-( :shock:

It's got to be somewhere...I lost one once, it had rolled into the wooden base of my machine....right in the far corner (1950's Pinnock it is attached to a rectangular box base). So don't lose hope, have a hunt around and I'm sure you'll find it.

Blog Entries
    What a disappointment. Bet it will turn up as soon as you get the new one. That's the way it goes with me.

Blog Entries
    I hope you find it. I lose things on a daily basis and I swear, as soon as I replace it the original one shows up.

I agree with the other's keep looking it will turn up I bet, more then likely when you least expect it. :-D

So sorry to hear of your frustration. I wish I could help. Those flying monkeys move things around here, too. I hope you can find it.

Darren

HA HA HA HA, me too!

I do not miss machines with bobbin cases. I'm sorry for your distress. ;-(

Blog Entries
    So sorry, I hope you find it soon!

Use a magnet and sweep the area. If it is around it should attract to it.

Oh my heart hurts for you! I do hope it turns up quickly!!

Yuck! sorry and I hope you find it soon. I agree it has to be some where.

I always worry about things falling into my waste basket (mostly bobbins, needles and different feet for machine) then emptying the basket on trash day. bye bye...gone forever

One time, when I was finished using a machine that had run out of bobbin thread, I took the bobbin case out of its home and put it into the machine "pocket" - - so that I would remember to wind the bobbin before I started using the machine again.
    Take a deep breath, and think - - have you looked in every hidey hole in your machine? Wherever you put it, it made perfect sense at the time, you have just figured out there is a different perfect sense place!
    Hang in there - - it will get all sorted out soon enough.
    Oh! And, by the way
    you don't have to pre-wash, but if you do, just cut a small corner off each corner of your fabric and throw it into your washer/dryer - - for some reason, cutting the corners helps cut down on the cut ends ravelling, and! You will be able to remember what you have washed and which is factory fresh

That is so hard to deal with! Such a disapointment!1 I am so sorry!

Try e-bay for a replacement. Sometimes they are cheaper there.

A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....
    Blog Entries
    I am sooo sorry this happened to you.. Have you found it yet?? take a deep breath, grab coffee and some chocolate and give it a lil while then resume the search.. Have all the kiddos help- if they are old enough.. offer them a 'prize' when its found..

Blog Entries
    look at it another way ...

once you have purchased Case #2, you'll find the first. then you'll have one to use with regular thread and another you can use for specialty threads.

you'll always have your tension right for regular threads and can fiddle with the tension on the other without worrying about resetting it properly for regular thread.

this little inconvenience is really "cosmic permission" to buy a spare case. you would probably not have allowed yourself the luxury otherwise. ;-)

Power Poster
    It should be there. Look for it where you parked it. Under furniture also, or where your thread is. You probably wanted to fill it up and got side tracked.

OMG how heartbreaking! I hope it turns up before the new one arrives!!! That's what happens to me too

A quilting friend of mine's young son (about 5 at the time) somehow "misplaced" her quarter inch foot. He is a teenanger now, and she never did find the foot. i hope you do find it, before you order a new one. Good luck

Hugs! Hope you find it!

Quote Originally Posted by PatriceJ
    look at it another way ...

once you have purchased Case #2, you'll find the first. then you'll have one to use with regular thread and another you can use for specialty threads.

you'll always have your tension right for regular threads and can fiddle with the tension on the other without worrying about resetting it properly for regular thread.

this little inconvenience is really "cosmic permission" to buy a spare case. you would probably not have allowed yourself the luxury otherwise. ;-)

Couldn't have said it better myself! :D

Blog Entries
    so sorry about losing a part of your machine, but it ids probably in a place that made good sense at the time you put it there. If you can only remember where! I put the pajamas I made my GS for Xmas in a perfectly good sense place last week, and I still haven't found them!LOL I can sit at my machine and never get up, and lose sdomething I was just using. I do better if I don't organize things, then I can find them!!LOL

Senior Member twospoiledhuskies's Avatar
    Wow, that really sucks. I hope you find it soon or can have someone expedite you a new one. Good luck! :-D

Blog Entries
    Maybe a little hand found Mommy's great toy and investigated. Maybe they can remember where they put it. Make a game out of who can find it first for mommy. Then explain how sad you are it is missing. I have several spare bobbin cases from various machines. I can mail you one if you can't find one at a reasonable price. Just pm me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast