Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Height adjustable desk that can recess a machine - it's true! >

Height adjustable desk that can recess a machine - it's true!

Height adjustable desk that can recess a machine - it's true!

Old 03-14-2013, 06:55 AM

Thanks so much for the great tutorial. I'm going to try it, hopefully soon. LOL
Old 03-14-2013, 12:45 PM

Love your cats
Old 03-14-2013, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by tesspug View Post
Extremely clever! I love your inspectors. Did they let you finish it before they inspected it?
The inspectors were onsite for the whole build, with the exception of the work that happened in the garage. For that, the dog was delegated. She was lazy though, she slept on her bed and ignored us. I can't count the number of times I had to pick a kitty up, put her on the floor, turn around and find another one on the desk.

Stormi - the long hair with the really long whiskers - is 16.5 yrs old, she's a little more laid back. She's our queen, we do everything she says. Luckily, if it's soft, she approves. I put a bunch of rolled up fleece on my desk for her the day before last while I worked on a machine. She laid beside me the whole time. She's got some sort of weight complex though, because she's all fur, she's a tiny slip of a thing (just shy of 7lbs) and she has those enormous whiskers. Shadow is our ambassador. She wants to be in the middle of everything. She's 14.5 yrs. She walks around and yabbers at me. She'll also lay on my fabric behind the harp and yap at me through it.

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan View Post
this is wonderful information. i put a copy of this in the tutorials forum for you.
Hah! that's what happened! I saw some answers from last night in my email, and didn't see them when I clicked on this morning's email, and was confused. It's because there are two threads now. I'm flattered. Thank you very much!

I started responding in that thread too. Oops. http://www.quiltingboard.com/tutoria...e-t216324.html
Old 03-15-2013, 05:28 AM

Humbird, your husband deserves an A+++++++++. Anyone could do this, even with an antique table and not destroy its value. Give him a great big hug if you haven't done so already.

I want to do FMQ and am considering a new machine. The one I'm looking at won't fit in my existing cabinet. My local sewing machine dealer wants $600-800 for a table to fit the machine. This idea would let me use my lovely antique walnut dining table. If I put the "new" leaf for the machine at the right end of the table, there could be 4 to 6 ft. of space to the left of the machine, ideal for FMQ.

Thanks for the marvelous idea!
Old 03-15-2013, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by booklady1952 View Post
Humbird, your husband deserves an A+++++++++. Anyone could do this, even with an antique table and not destroy its value. Give him a great big hug if you haven't done so already.

I want to do FMQ and am considering a new machine. The one I'm looking at won't fit in my existing cabinet. My local sewing machine dealer wants $600-800 for a table to fit the machine. This idea would let me use my lovely antique walnut dining table. If I put the "new" leaf for the machine at the right end of the table, there could be 4 to 6 ft. of space to the left of the machine, ideal for FMQ.

Thanks for the marvelous idea!
I hope the "new leaf" works as well for you as it has for me. My hubby used ply wood, (5/8 in? thicker than 1/2 anyway) and of course finished the edges, and several layers of varnish for the top so it is very smooth, and slick. Fabric glides on it very well. And yes, he go a hug!!