Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Hello, has anyone got the Quiltcut2? >

Hello, has anyone got the Quiltcut2?

Hello, has anyone got the Quiltcut2?

Old 04-12-2009, 06:24 AM
Power Poster

Many of you have the Alto Quilt Cut 2 confuses with the Accucut Die cut machine. I have both. I bought the Quilt Cut at the Paducah show last year. It is very nice. It takes practice. I leave it on my cutting table all the time. It's very heavy. The mat is the best I've ever used. No blades in the quilt cut. I have the Accuquilt Go, the portable model. I love it and would buy it tomorrow if I didn't have one. I waste very little fabric using the die cut. I cut the fabric about 1/2 bigger then the die and I don't have to worry about straight of grain that much, the cut comes out perfect. I cut up to 6 layers. The dies have I think a 20 year warranty, not much to go wrong with them, you never see the blade. I have pain in my hands if I rotary cut a lot and the die cut has almost eliminated me using the rotary cutter.

Quilt Cut : http://www.quiltcut.com/

http://www.accuquilt.com/

Here is my setup now. It's workable space but not how I want it to be.
Old 04-12-2009, 06:28 AM

Sew/Cut is where you do stripes cut to the width you want, sew then together and cut into the size block. This is used for 4 or 9 block patterns.
If you want triangles, you put two fabrics together, then you mark a line on the 45% which will become your cutting line later. On each side of this line, you will mark 1/4 each seam allowance and this will be your sewing line. be sure to add a little to each block as they will get smaller from cutting this way. Now sew on the 1/4 inch mark on each side of the 45 line. Cut on the 45 line and you have your triangle sewed together without sewing an a bias cut. Perfect triangles every time. You can also do a 60 or 90 degree angle by sewing several pieces of fabric together. Then take the 90 degree line on your ruler and cut. I'm sure this is as clear as mud. I think if you will look on line for the Perfect piece triangle, you will find some pictures.
When I applique and their are several leaves or flowers that are the same. I sew 2 of the leaves together using wash away thread in the bobbin, turn, press and mist the thread. Now you have your edges turned under for applique, much faster than trying to turn them by hand.
Old 04-12-2009, 06:54 AM
Power Poster

BellaBoo, looks good to me, liking you wh's there too! :P

pflum, thanks for the info, I keep plodding along with cutting methods, but it does help to take short cuts. :D

Doesn't an accucut go for about 150.00? can't remember. :roll:
Old 04-12-2009, 07:03 AM
Power Poster

Accucut starts at $359 for the portable Go machine it comes with a die set. The Quilt Cut cost me about $220. I would suggest find free shipping on either one. Lots of sales now on quilting sites that sell these.
Old 04-12-2009, 07:26 AM

You are right, I have the accu quilt go that is about $349 with the dies that cut the fabric. I guess it takes about the same fabric as using template method which I hardly ever use.
I don't have the Alto quilt cut 2, but did see it at the Dallas quilt show. I think it would work O.K., but haven't used one. Sorry I got the wrong.