Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Hello, I'm Michelle and I'm a quiltaholic! >

Hello, I'm Michelle and I'm a quiltaholic!

Hello, I'm Michelle and I'm a quiltaholic!

Old 01-05-2014, 08:09 AM

I think I'm in the same group can't get one finished fast enough to start another. Always thinking about what pattern and fabric I want to use. of course I do have to do the house work and cooking some where in there..
Old 01-05-2014, 08:53 AM

I am working on training my cats Betsy and Molly to work on cleaning. So far they have mastered dusting very high spots atop furniture and very low spots under beds and other furniture. Now we are going to work on the middle areas and then on to bathrooms. And, no, Betsy, that does not mean unrolling the toilet paper and eating the edges counts as cleaning!
Old 01-05-2014, 09:13 AM

If they don't like my house; the road out front runs both ways. Have 70 pecan trees; 5 cats, 2 dogs and a 1 DH-retired and not enough time to do it all; Quilting most of the time comes first. being retired I do more now than before!
Old 01-05-2014, 09:44 AM
Power Poster

Welcome fellow quiltaholic - you are indeed in good company. I do cook, but DH has taken over the cleaning, vacuuming, etc., especially since my spinal cord injury last year and torn rotator cuff surgery this year (well 2013, I keep forgetting it's Jan. 2014) simply because I cannot easily do them. I can still cook and quilt, but trying to vacuum while using a cane is problematic at best. Oh, I also do all the driving because DH hasn't driven in over 5 years due to severe vertigo problems, so I'm the designated driver always.
Old 01-05-2014, 10:38 AM
Power Poster

LOL...That is a big AMEN..........
Old 01-05-2014, 01:05 PM

i've said it before...but i'll say it again....around here, you are welcome to write your name in the dust...just don't date it!!
Old 01-05-2014, 01:47 PM

Welcome! My DH usually does the vacuuming and steam cleaning the floors. I dust (try to do it once a month or when we sneeze too much). Cooking we share or we eat out, especially since we retired.
Old 01-05-2014, 01:54 PM

Goodness alive but I have wished the same thing about the cat. I have tried to train the cat to do one chore at least for 19 years...and guess what? NO LUCK. Best of luck to you with training the computer, it's a great invention, but it will lead you astray if you let it. And it doesn't do housework. LOL
Old 01-05-2014, 02:12 PM

Hi there Michelle, you have joined a wonderful support group! We quiltaholics are very supportive!! tee hee!!! Two of my favorite quotes have to do with dust... Momma had a cross-stitch that read, "Dust is a protective covering for furniture!" And a friend has one that reads, "You can admire the dust, but please don't write in it!"

Welcome to the group!!
Old 01-05-2014, 11:16 PM

Quilting is my addiction! I have been addicted since 1998 and I'm not trying to quit! It has gotten worse since my hubby bought me a Gammill in 2011. Now, I not only have my quilt tops to make, but a supply of them to quilt.

I haven't worked a real job since 2007 and my theory is that if I want to sew, I get one housekeeping project done, quilt as a reward and do another house project. I do have quite a few shelves that need dusting, if you move something on one of those shelves, then you must dust it.

If you come to see me you can come anytime, if you expect a clean house, call several days ahead and schedule an appointment - I am busy quilting!