Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Hello Kitty

  1. #1
    Super Member Grandma Cindy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Posts
    1,835
    Has anyone seen fabric with Hello Kitty? My 20 year old asked for it to be used on a lunch bag I am going to make for her. Yes,a twenty year old! She works and goes to UCF full time and commented whatever I make will be beautiful. I can not seem to find any. I know my LQS has it in flannel. Thank you for any future help, Cindy

  2. #2
    Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    17,462
    Cindy, I don't know where to get it but I think it's so cute that DD still loves Hello Kitty! I don't think she's the only 20 year old who does either :)
    Oh- try Ebay

  3. #3
    Super Member FancyFoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    1,685

  4. #4
    sunnycat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Chester County, PA
    Posts
    53
    I'm 29 and have been collecting Hello Kitty for years. It's not just for kids (or at least that's what I tell myself) :)

    I've found HK fabric at Joanns. Look at the seasonal section of the quilting fabrics. Right now, there are two Christmas patterns out as well as a flannel. And many stores have stock from previous holidays. Also look in the licensed characters section. Fabric.com has some HK fabric, but it's jersey.

  5. #5
    Super Member Flying_V_Goddess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,722
    eBay is a good place and possibly your best bet.
    Sanrio is the company that makes Hello Kitty and the Hello Kitty fabrics, but I don't know who actually sells those fabrics and haven't found a fabric site that carries a line of them.

  6. #6
    queenpola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Argentina, Capital Federal
    Posts
    530
    http://www.etsy.com/search_results.p...earch_type=all

    try this page, there's a lot, but quite expensive.
    Wish this could be useful. :thumbup:

  7. #7
    Senior Member renee765's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    955
    My daughter, who recently turned 30, still likes her Little Kitty things.

  8. #8
    Ms. Shawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Madison Heights, VA
    Posts
    1,349
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandma Cindy
    Has anyone seen fabric with Hello Kitty? My 20 year old asked for it to be used on a lunch bag I am going to make for her. Yes,a twenty year old! She works and goes to UCF full time and commented whatever I make will be beautiful. I can not seem to find any. I know my LQS has it in flannel. Thank you for any future help, Cindy
    I also have some in flannel and you are welcome to it if you are interested pm me. :thumbup:

  9. #9
    Super Member Grandma Cindy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Posts
    1,835
    Thank you all so very much for the help, Cindy

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    84
    I just found some hello kitty at hancock fabrics and some at jo Ann's

  11. #11
    Power Poster CarrieAnne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Whitewater, WI
    Posts
    26,044
    LOL, I am 42, and still LOVE Hello Kitty! Our JoAnns had some!

  12. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    120
    Blog Entries
    1
    I typed hello kitty fabric in the goggle search engine and came up with lots of colors and prints.

    shop:1&tbo=u&ei=bKX9TNvPCsL_lgfNr-G4CA&sa=X&oi=product_result_group&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CCkQrQQwAA

  13. #13
    Super Member gale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    North-Central Indiana
    Posts
    4,637
    Blog Entries
    1
    I saw some baby hello kitty fabric at hobby lobby. I've bought it at Joann's and from etsy sellers. My whole craft room is all decorated in hello kitty-I lived in Okinawa, Japan when it first came out and we grew up with all kinds of HK stuff. My sister just bought me some on her trip to Japan but she said they didn't have a very big selection of it where they were shopping.

  14. #14
    Cyn
    Cyn is offline
    Super Member Cyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Jacksonville NC
    Posts
    6,761
    Blog Entries
    17
    My 22 year old loves Care Bears! I made her a quilt of this.

  15. #15
    Super Member Flying_V_Goddess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,722
    Quote Originally Posted by gale
    I saw some baby hello kitty fabric at hobby lobby. I've bought it at Joann's and from etsy sellers. My whole craft room is all decorated in hello kitty-I lived in Okinawa, Japan when it first came out and we grew up with all kinds of HK stuff. My sister just bought me some on her trip to Japan but she said they didn't have a very big selection of it where they were shopping.
    That's cool

  16. #16
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Silver Springs, NV
    Posts
    2,664
    I can't help you with material but did you know Tupperware has a miss kitty lunch set. VERY cute. Something to place in the bag you make.

  17. #17
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    SE Qld. Australia
    Posts
    271

  18. #18
    Super Member Grandma Cindy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Posts
    1,835
    Quote Originally Posted by cheryl rearick
    I can't help you with material but did you know Tupperware has a miss kitty lunch set. VERY cute. Something to place in the bag you make.
    thanks I will look into that as well and maybe do a quilt from all of the other sites suggested. Thank you all so much ladies, Cindy

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.