Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Hello my name is Michael and I'm a Fabric Hoarder >

Hello my name is Michael and I'm a Fabric Hoarder

Hello my name is Michael and I'm a Fabric Hoarder

Old 04-18-2011, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by vasallese
Michael, just go with it. I think I seriously started trying to use up the lovely fabrics I bought when the Rubbermaid containers kept falling over, or was it when I discovered several of the lids had cracked because of all the weight from the containers above. I am really trying to use up the stash. Forget about organization. It won't work for me. I can't keep them organized. But, make sure you like what you are sewing on. If you don't, put that projhect in the corner and start something new. Have fun!
Oh I like the way you think, sounds like me self. :mrgreen:

One thing about big stashes, I have had some fabric lay around so long that I had to wash it cause it got dirty on the folded edges.. When the lids on containers crack that can let in dust so get out that duct tape and fix those lids. :thumbup:
Old 04-18-2011, 05:33 PM

Definately. Thanks for the reminder to keep our stash healthy and happy.
Old 04-19-2011, 07:34 AM

put this in wrong place sorry didn't know how to take it out....
Old 04-19-2011, 07:48 AM

I'm glad you mentioned that fabric is coming in 40" I haven't seen any or just didn't notice it so far. Sue
Old 04-19-2011, 08:08 AM

Michael,
There is a fabric moritoium at http://quiltingboard.com/t-112659-1.htm The idea is to help each other use our stash, finish UFO's, and not buy fabric for a while. You might check it out.
I joined because I have about 100 WIP's and am running out of room on my shelves. I refuse to spread to other rooms in the house.
Old 04-19-2011, 08:17 AM

welcome to our world of hoarding fabric .
We all do it.
Maybe you want to post some of those kits on this board under classified things to sell. It will make you feel better knowing you are trying to control your non buying status.
Good luck
Old 04-19-2011, 11:32 AM

I have to slow down my purchases as I have 7 projects started or ready to start and still a huge stash. Oh, I am going on a shop hop next week of 12 shops. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 04-20-2011, 06:08 PM

You're right!
Old 04-20-2011, 11:13 PM

My name is Jen and I'm a fabric collector. But I also buy fabric to use in my and my mom's quilt shop, so I justify it that way. A lot of our customers choose to pick their fabrics out of our stock instead of going to fabric shops and buying it themselves. I keep 6 of each color shade for them to choose from and a bolt of white and cream in stock. We've been lucky though,we have not had to use personal money for any supplies except for the start-up supplies,and that was paid back with the first quilt. If you consider yourself a hoarder,find a use for it. Sell the quilts,or donate them to nursing homes,hospitals,fire departments. The soldiers overseas are very grateful for quilts. It reminds them of home and it does get quite cold there at night.
Old 04-20-2011, 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by sewNso
did you put your fabric on boards? i did, and it feels awsome to look and see what you have. kits, now that's harder to stand up on shelves......
I use the meat trays from the grocery store. They make great fabric boards when the fabric store doesn't have any and I don't to throw them away.