Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
help with bobbins messing up >

help with bobbins messing up

help with bobbins messing up

Old 10-07-2017, 05:26 AM

This must be a contagious problem - machine flu maybe?? I did some fsl ornament covers a week or so ago with no problem. When I went to do something else on my embroidery machine, the top thread kept getting caught on the wrong side of the hook on the bobbin case, causing nesting and then freezing up, giving me a safety warning. So I took out the bobbin case and cleaned it - could see no dust, but the brush picked up quite a bit. I brushed and brushed, then put it back together, changed the needle, and the problem was fixed. Amazing what a little dust in the bobbin case can cause !
Old 10-07-2017, 07:41 AM

I was going nuts with a bobbin problem. I thought I cleaned it completely, but, I took a flashlight and found a tiny piece of thread caught in the mechanism. This tiny piece of thread was causing all the problems!! I could not believe it. Hopefully your problem can be solved that easily.
Old 10-07-2017, 10:48 PM

Sometimes, even though you've threaded the machine correctly, a sudden acceleration in machine speed can (but doesn't always) pull the thread from the correct thread path and it will mess up whatever you're trying to stitch --it really ticks me off when it happens, -- but what gets me is me not noticing what's happened -- I guess age is catching up with me!. lol! My FW just came to an abrupt stop and wouldn't move at all -- now that one was a real kick in the teeth -- but my son (who worked as a SM mechanic for 14 years) quickly found the problem -- a screw had worked loose on the underside of the machine and fell out of it's proper location -- replaced screw and tightened it -- it sewed fine.