Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
help with Brother embroidery machine >

help with Brother embroidery machine

help with Brother embroidery machine

Old 11-22-2009, 06:47 AM

I haven't been on here for a while, very busy with elderly father in law. That's another whole story..lol.
I was able to buy a Brother 1500 machine :D but have not been able to take my free lessons on it yet because of being so busy. Just checked at the shop I bought it at Friday and they don't give lessons in the month of Dec. and they don't have any opening left in Nov. I bought a couple of the Dakota Collectible CD's with it. I understand you have to hook your machine to your computer but so far am unable to figure out how to get the pattern you want over to the embroidery machine :cry: And am afraid the manual is not very informative about this step.
Can any of you wonderful ladies give me a clue on this and any other help will also be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance :-)
Old 11-22-2009, 06:51 AM

I have 2 brothers but I don't hook them to a computer. I have the PED basic which transfers designs to my sewing machine by a little card that fits in the side of the machine. I'm not familiar with the machines that hook directly to the computer by the USB cord. Does your machine have a slot of the right side where a card fits? Have you just tried to do the designs that are in the machine...I'll try and research the 1500 to see if I can be of more help....I would imagine you would have to have designs stored in your computer either way????
Old 11-22-2009, 07:01 AM

what a great machine...love the 6x10 embroidery area which I don't have...the specs state that designs can be transferred by either the USB cord or a PED card...lots of designs in the machine to try and fonts...good luck,have fun
Old 11-22-2009, 07:01 AM

When you connect with the sewing machine and computer. On the computer it will indicate removable disk, copy the file that you want from your cd to the removable disk. The select "USB" icon on sewing machine touchscreen and the file(s) should show up on the sewing machine.
Old 11-22-2009, 07:04 AM

Thanks for responding so fast Linda. I must say I didn't do any research (shame on me) but sometimes I just get overwhelmed with all that is out there and all the information you find. :cry:
Yes my machine does have a slot on the side and I thought that is what you were suppose to use. However where I bought it says they don't carry those because they are so expensive and they only cary the CD's which you have to put in your computer.
(which is also very expensive)
Yes I have practiced with the stored designs and can kind of do that...lol. But was wanting to try out the snowman outline on one of the CD's for a Christmas project and that just isn't going to happen this year I guess.
Old 11-22-2009, 07:06 AM

Hi Karen, tried doing that last night, but must be doing something wrong (surprise).
Question, can you just copy and transfer one of the files? It doesn't seem to be letting me do that. Then if I try to copy the whole CD it says there isn't room.
Old 11-22-2009, 07:08 AM

Is the card that your machine uses a Compact Flash?
That's what mine uses. I have a Kenmore.
Sometimes, which I don't understand, some machines will not come with the Compact Flash. BUT...some camera shops will sell you small CP disks for little or no money. I was lucky one day when I popped into one of the camera stores. Was asking about the CP. The man behind the counter says...oh, here, take this. It doesn't hold enough for the cameras. It's yours for the taking.
Old 11-22-2009, 07:09 AM

Yes. I normally just do one file at a time.
Old 11-22-2009, 07:42 AM

Karen I hope you don't mind but I sent you a pm
Old 11-22-2009, 08:44 AM

Karen, you and your husband were so kind to help me over the phone!! You are the greatest :D