Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Help with a Christmas quilt for 2010 >

Help with a Christmas quilt for 2010

Help with a Christmas quilt for 2010

Old 12-22-2009, 01:23 PM

thread:Have you thought about a ice cream cone pattern? or a churn dash pattern? My stepmother has a christmas quilt made out of both of these pattern and they are very pretty.
Old 12-22-2009, 01:26 PM

Have you thought about the ice cream cone pattern or the churn dash pattern? My stepmother has made a christmas quilts from both of these patterns
Old 12-22-2009, 01:29 PM

Rufree4t: Have you thought about the ice cream pattern or the churn dash pattern? My stepmother has made christmas quilts out of both of these patterns.
Old 12-22-2009, 06:04 PM

Lorretta - You don't want me to get any sewing done - all those blocks - my head is spinning.
Thanks to all for the great ideas. Now I have to narrow it down to one. That will be hard
Old 12-22-2009, 07:45 PM

Making a disappearing nine patch is great with two colors and a variety of different fabrics for the larger blocks. I've made several - fruit and veggies were one, christmas fabric was another, sports fabrics were another, wild animals was another. It works up fast and nice looking.
Old 12-22-2009, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by Loretta
I hope you don't have any trouble getting the greens and reds to blend together. I am going through my Christmas fabrics and I find some of the greens just won't work together at all! Has anyone else noticed this?
Have ya seen Bonnie Hunter's "Carolina Christmas" mystery quilt? It's a beaut! She just grabbed reds and greens from her stash plus some gold and background fabric, I think for this Christmas quilt. Print off the pattern now or pay later when it appears in an upcoming book of hers. You'll need to scroll down a bit and follow directions for all the parts.

http://www.quiltville.com/
Old 12-22-2009, 10:38 PM

Loretta I don't have the link - I wrote it down on scratch paper over a year ago and thats what I've used. Didn't know there was a link for the DNP. Sorry
Old 12-23-2009, 08:12 AM

I agree, the DNP is a great block and so quick and easy! Do you have the link for that one?
Here ya go:

http://quiltsatcs.blogspot.com/2007/...-tutorial.html

Here's one using 9 different fabrics! :shock:

http://sew-fantastic.blogspot.com/20...-tutorial.html

Here are scads of pics of D9P for ideas:

http://images.google.com/images?oe=u...ls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&q=disappearing+nine+patch&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=_j8yS4-QGdSztgeq5umQCQ&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=4&ved=0CBoQsAQwAw

Hope this helps you. Have fun!!

Karla in CO
Old 12-23-2009, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by Quiltgranny
I hope you don't have any trouble getting the greens and reds to blend together. I am going through my Christmas fabrics and I find some of the greens just won't work together at all! Has anyone else noticed this?
Have ya seen Bonnie Hunter's "Carolina Christmas" mystery quilt? It's a beaut! She just grabbed reds and greens from her stash plus some gold and background fabric, I think for this Christmas quilt. Print off the pattern now or pay later when it appears in an upcoming book of hers. You'll need to scroll down a bit and follow directions for all the parts.

http://www.quiltville.com/
quiltgranny
thanks for reminding me of Bonnie Hunter's " mystery quilt. When I first saw it coming up on her site our printer was on the fritz. Now I have it all printed off and hopefully one is in my future (along with a zillion other quilt ideas!!)
Old 12-23-2009, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by kathyd

quiltgranny
thanks for reminding me of Bonnie Hunter's " mystery quilt. When I first saw it coming up on her site our printer was on the fritz. Now I have it all printed off and hopefully one is in my future (along with a zillion other quilt ideas!!)
So glad I thought of that for you and others.
:D

Karla in CO