Help coming up with a name

Help coming up with a name

Old 09-01-2011, 08:44 AM

How about "Censored Stitchers" lol
Old 09-01-2011, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by qbquilts
Originally Posted by wyoming_quilter
I need some help coming up with a name for our LQS UFO night. We meet once a month on a Friday night. We started this past month and the group was allowed to come up with a name for the group. The owner didn't like the name the group came up with. Stitch & B$%^@. You get the picture. I can understand her concern, but then she shouldn't let the group determine the name. So we are in search of another name.
Why shouldn't the expectation be that the name does not use or imply profanity? Why is the use or implied use of profanity okay?
And I want to add - I will avoid any store or quilt guild that thinks this is okay. I find it offensive that people can't use clean language in normal, everyday situations.
I'm sorry you are offended by this. I was not trying to offend any of the quilting board by asking the question. I'm sure that is why the owner vetoed the name. I was only intending to try and see if there were suggestions for other names.
Old 09-01-2011, 10:42 AM

Which Friday of the month do you meet? You could be the Fourth Friday Finishers or the First Friday Finishers (FFF)
The Friday varies because of other classes that are scheduled. Thank you for your suggestions.
Old 09-01-2011, 10:44 AM

How about Midnight Quilters, assuming you quilt till midnight!
Old 09-01-2011, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by Quilter7x
The idea is to quilt until the last one gives up, which for me is early. I don't do well past nine. :lol:
Old 09-01-2011, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by Quilter7x
The idea is to quilt until the last one gives up, which for me is early. I don't do well past nine. :lol:
Oh, then I like someone else's suggestion of Quilt Till You Wilt! :lol:
Old 09-01-2011, 11:09 AM

I need some help coming up with a name for our LQS UFO night. We meet once a month on a Friday night. We started this past month and the group was allowed to come up with a name for the group. The owner didn't like the name the group came up with. Stitch & B$%^@. You get the picture. I can understand her concern, but then she shouldn't let the group determine the name. So we are in search of another name.
Why shouldn't the expectation be that the name does not use or imply profanity? Why is the use or implied use of profanity okay?
And I want to add - I will avoid any store or quilt guild that thinks this is okay. I find it offensive that people can't use clean language in normal, everyday situations.
I'm sorry you are offended by this. I was not trying to offend any of the quilting board by asking the question. I'm sure that is why the owner vetoed the name. I was only intending to try and see if there were suggestions for other names.

I didn't think there was anything offensive in your post, as you were just asking for suggestions, not criticisms or for anyone to join your group or visit your LQS. Don't sweat the small stuff, you can't please them all, and it's really none of our business what you name you group! JMHO :) Perhaps "Quit yer stitchin!"....even though we all know what that really is saying! lol
Old 09-01-2011, 11:44 AM
Power Poster

Area 51 Group
Finish or Bust
UFO no more
Pull from the middle
Project Buster Class

I agree that "Stitch and B*%&#" is meant tongue-in-cheek because it rhymes. However, it gives the session a negative connotation - I would expect the focus to be more on the latter than the stitching. Many potential customers would not sign up because they would not want to be associated with a PERCEIVED gossip group (possibly to include the quilt police).
Old 09-01-2011, 12:42 PM

In the town where I used to live there was an embroidery shop that was named "Bitchin' Stitchin'". Even though I know it was a "60's" term, it was offensive to me.

I like "TGIF", as in finished.
Old 09-01-2011, 06:03 PM

Location: other side of the black stump, Perth Western Australia

Materialistic Mamas
Fabulous Fabricologists