Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Help- Crystal Quilter by New Joy >

Help- Crystal Quilter by New Joy

Help- Crystal Quilter by New Joy

Old 01-19-2020, 01:59 PM

Default Help- Crystal Quilter by New Joy

I have a Crystal Quilter by New Joy. I can't get the machine to quilt on the regulated setting. Stiches are big at any setting and machine barely moves. What am I do8ng wrong?
Thank you for any help on this.
Old 01-19-2020, 03:46 PM
Gay

Welcome to the Board.
Never heard of this machine before but will try to help. How does it stitch using manually? If that is ok, I would suggest checking that the encoder wheels sit firmly on the tracks and make sure they are turning easily - you may need to use a drop of oil if they don't. Perhaps you will need a new regulator kit. Do check yahoo and facebook for groups who have this machine.

I have a Tin Lizzie with the older regulator and have had nothing but trouble with the wheels not turning as they should. Also I have a dial to adjust the speed I can move the machine. If you also have this, try turning it up to a higher speed, as it gets harder to push around on a low speed.
Good luck.
Old 01-19-2020, 05:37 PM

I looked it up and the machine is made by Janome. Perhaps they can help you. It is very hard to diagnose a machine when you aren't there looking at it and especially when you are not familiar with the machine. Have you read your manual? Have you looked on YouTube for videos that could be of help? Is it sewing okay in another mode?
Old 01-20-2020, 08:37 AM

Default Help

Thank you so much for all points. The manual didn't help and I didn't get an answer on line. I will try all your suggestions and now knowing it's a Janome product helps. ☺
Old 01-20-2020, 01:58 PM
Power Poster

Welcome to this board.
Old 09-30-2020, 08:41 PM

Default New to me

I just inherited a crystal quilter with a new joy magic frame. I am looking for others who own this machine. Please contact me if you would be interested in connecting with other owners. My email is [email protected] and on facebook.
Old 10-31-2022, 04:34 AM

Default Crystal Quilter

Originally Posted by SewLet'sSew View Post
I have a Crystal Quilter by New Joy. I can't get the machine to quilt on the regulated setting. Stiches are big at any setting and machine barely moves. What am I do8ng wrong?
Thank you for any help on this.
I bought my CrystalQuilter in 2008. It's a modified Janome 1601, made by New Joy (out of business.) Still using it. I took the stitch regulator off because I wasn't using that. I'm now having trouble with skipped stitches and thread breaking. Have tried everything - multiple new needles, cleaning, new bobbin, quilt height. Took her to a repair shop. $150 later, he says "It's working ok for me"
I'm going to try a shop that sells Janome and long arm machines to see if they can do better.
is anyone else having this problem? Any advice?
Old 10-31-2022, 04:09 PM

Skipped stitches are almost always caused by needle flex, which is the result of a small needle. What size needle are you using? When I quilted on my DSM, I found I had to use a size 16 to solve skipped stitches.

FYI - size 18 is standard for longarms.