Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: help designing a heritage quilt

I have researched my family history back about 6-7 generations and I would like to make a wall hanging for 3-4 of my family members with the few pictures I have and some text. Problem is I don't have any idea about the design. Looking for somebody that would like to design this for me. Any takers.

Is there any significant history or places that are most common amoung the generations? I have seen a large family tree with the leaves representing individuals or families, with the roots of the tree being the first generation recognized. Just a thought.

If you have seen the book the Underground Railroad, It has the blocks and the stories. This is the way to look at it, the blocks have meanings.
    Just a thought.
    It is a Quilt in a Day book.
    Sue

If you google "memory quilt" I think you'll come across patterns for this purpose.

I made one years ago. The blocks where the pictures were put were white snowballs. The rest of the quilt was pretty simple with sashing and borders. My first quilt. But I don't remember where I found the pattern.

Good luck.
    Attached Images Attached Images