Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Help with discontinued print?

Help with discontinued print?

Hello!

I am very new and looking for any help or guidance more experienced fabric lovers can offer.

I fell in love with and was inspired by a print from Jo-Ann's quilters showcase line that I discovered is no longer available.

Can anyone offer guidance on finding older prints? I'm really hung up on this one for projects for my nursery. I have checked ebay and etsy and googled all to no avail. I'm out of ideas!

http://m.joann.com//quilter-s-showca...prd_11165859a/

Thank you so much!

^.^

Heather

Have you posted on this website in the "In Search Of" section. Someone on the board may have the print you are looking for.

No! I will look for that now, I didn't know there was an ISO section. Thank you!

Blog Entries
    Did your JoAnn's check with other stores for you or is that thing of the past? If you have the SKU #, they should be able to do so. I saw Quilter's Showcase on another site so it's not just a JoAnn's item. If I remember, I'll let you know.

Sure wish I could help you. I was in the same position a month ago, and got really lucky. Let's Hope someone has this fabric in their stash and can part with it!

Thank you so much everyone! I haven't been into a Jo-Anns yet, but fingers crossed when I can get into one!

You might also get lucky and find it on ebay? I have had that happen before. Good luck.

Dina

You can try missing fabrics.com, thousands of bolts carry some older fabrics.

Thank you again everyone. I emailed missing fabrics, struck out at quiltshops and am keeping an eye on ebay. You've all been so helpful! Thank you!

There is also FindMyFabric.com. You can search with a description or post a picture. Hope you find it soon.
    Jane
    Physically in Maryland but heart is in Indianapolis.

Rescued Boxers are adoptable love. Please consider a homeless/rescued pet when adding to your family.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by snowclover View Post
    Hello!

I am very new and looking for any help or guidance more experienced fabric lovers can offer.

I fell in love with and was inspired by a print from Jo-Ann's quilters showcase line that I discovered is no longer available.

Can anyone offer guidance on finding older prints? I'm really hung up on this one for projects for my nursery. I have checked ebay and etsy and googled all to no avail. I'm out of ideas!

http://m.joann.com//quilter-s-showca...prd_11165859a/

Thank you so much!

^.^

Heather
    I have it How much do you need?

Call JoAnn's customer service. You will need the SKU #, but they can check all of the stores in the country. It may no longer be available, but it may be in clearance. I was looking for a specific fabric and they found possibles in 2 states, one in California and one in Florida. I called both stores and regrettably, they didn't have any, but you might get lucky. Also post in the yahoo group, SewItsForSale. Someone there may have it. I searched Google images (uploaded the pic) and nothing came up. Good luck.
    "Proud Parent of an American Airman"

Power Poster
    I wish I had some of that fabric for you, but I don't. I know that there was a thread here not that long ago that gave the website where you could look for out of print fabrics. I wish you luck, but I'm sure someone out there in QB land will be able to help you.

skothing... you make me smile!

Heather will be one VERY happy person when she sees your post!

I love that people on this board are so generous... in heart and spirit.

Have you checked E-Bay or Etsy?

I would print some up on my printer, on prepared fabric. I have done this before when I ran out of a design I needed.

Try contacting the manufacturer and the designer. A friend was in the same boat and got help this way.

I was in the same predicament this week. Took me two hours to find the fabric because it was discontinued. I found it at Fabricbuffet.com. You might want to give them a try.
    Carmen E.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Try one of the stores nearest you. I just saw a print like that the other day. Will be going there Monday 4-29. Will let you know if it's still there. Hancock fabrics may have it also. If you have a camera phone take a photo of it. Not sure what part of Alaska you're from but some one else may something very similar. or try LQS.

Blog Entries
    Don't know what vision you had in mind but, if all else fails, can you use a white background and applique a few butterflies in the same shade of pink to complete your project?

Blog Entries
    Sunnie
    a dog show & quilt addict
    www.buckhollow.net

Once I searched everywhere for a fabric...went on all kinds of websites. When I was about to give up, I "googled" it, listing first the name of the manufacturer, then the name of the designer, and finally the fabric design. (Whatever was on the selvage.) A web store popped right up that had it in stock! I had my fabric in a couple of days. Where there is a will, there is a way!
    Thimble and Thread

I live in alaska - the last time I did not have enough fabric to complete a quilt i went to Kenai Fabrics... They have fabric they no one else seems to have... I found the fabric I wanted and finished the quilt and you might want to see if kenai fabric has it .. they have never had a sale on fabric ..... they might have it...

welcome to QB!! I love this site!! Hope you find the fabric you need!