Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Help with Farmhouse Quilt >

Help with Farmhouse Quilt

Help with Farmhouse Quilt

Old 02-16-2023, 01:30 PM

Default Help with Farmhouse Quilt

I am feeling overwhelmed with the Farmhouse pattern by Coach House Designs (https://coachhousedesigns.com/products/farmhouse). I'm hoping someone here has made this cute quilt and can offer tips and/or encouragement.
I am using only fabric from my stash so the colorway may be a little different but I'm OK with that! I completed one row of applique aprons (see attached) embellished with ruffles, etc. and may not add the 2nd row of aprons.... not sure yet!
I am now moving on to Row 5 - house and stars. The instructions are very detailed and that may be what is dragging me down but I am re-reading the instructions so I don't goof up the largest block - the house!
Thanks for your support.
Attached Thumbnails 8229eb0b-0708-4a0e-a11d-f9100773b4c5.jpeg  
Old 02-16-2023, 01:42 PM

Can’t help you with the pattern, but your aprons look gorgeous! I hope you keep working on the quilt as I am looking forward to seeing your final product.
Old 02-16-2023, 06:19 PM

Oh that is going to be so cute when you are done! I know how you feel, i'm making a table topper with leaf blocks and the directions are messing with my brain. I"m taking a break for now. Good luck.
Old 02-17-2023, 03:38 AM

To me, making one big house would be way easier than all those little aprons. Maybe you should walk away for a day and do something else. You can always come back to the Farmhouse.
Old 02-17-2023, 03:58 AM

Your aprons and their charming detail show your skill at detail. Take a big breath, and a day off if needed, then dive in again. Have you looked for a Facebook group doing this pattern? That may be a good method to get specific assistance or encouragement with the "farm house". I would love to see your finished quilt in the future. So original and unique. You have made some attractive choices so far.
Old 02-17-2023, 04:12 AM

Your aprons are great. I think everyone is right. If you can take a break, you may find it easier to understand when you come back. I recently heard a psychologist say that our subconscious brain continues to work on a problem after we walk away so that's why we sometimes "get it" when we return. Good luck.
Old 02-17-2023, 04:57 AM

Your aprons are delightful...and those aprons MAKE that quilt pattern, so l'd encourage you to do the second row ( maybe a bit later,lol). Looks like easier things ahead, the stars and large house. Keep up the momentum, and don't relegate this to ufo status please.
Old 02-17-2023, 08:36 AM

I feel the same way when I start to do a quilting something that I am not sure of. Then I remember that the pattern is there to give guidance. Changes can be made to allow you to make it your own. In other words, if it isn't just as perfect or look just like the original one, it still can be very pretty and an expression of your own design skill. I am looking forward to seeing what you come up with.
Old 02-17-2023, 12:31 PM

Take one step at a time. I don’t have the pattern, wish I did so I could guide you through, but I feel confident you can make it. Please show us your results. You’ve got this!
Old 02-18-2023, 03:50 PM

I absolutely agree that your aprons are awesome!!! I would be tempted to make a totally amazing apron quilt! As the other ladies have said--one step at a time. When I am uncomfortable with a pattern's directions, I pull out my very crappy fabric and make a test block. If it is a fail, it heads for the garbage. No harm no foul and no wasting the 'good' fabric. If it is a win, the test block may end up as a mug rug, hot pad or still head for the garbage.