Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
help I need to get motivated..... >

help I need to get motivated.....

help I need to get motivated.....

Old 09-24-2009, 01:15 PM

I get up at 5:30 in the morning in order to machine quilt on my long arm machine, then at 7 I leave for work, I work unitl 4:30 then I go home and start sewing on projects from about 5:30-8:00. I am almost 63 years old and I hate that I can't get more done in the day like I use to

Wake up in the morning, talk to yourself about what you going to get done that day and get busy.....that's what I do

gook luck, Christmas eve is three months from tonight

Regina
Old 09-24-2009, 02:32 PM
Power Poster

regina wrote: ....Christmas Eve is three months from tonight! :shock:

Yikes!!! one year, I took a bunch of empty boxes and wrote each family member's name on them, and told myself, "You don't have to make something for everybody...just skip the boxes you don't really love that much!"
Worked like a charm :wink:
Old 09-24-2009, 02:55 PM

My sewing room is in the basement right next to the washing machine. While I am doing the laundry I cut and sew. You don't feel guilty because you're doing laundry. :D
Old 09-24-2009, 06:46 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Minou
My sewing room is in the basement right next to the washing machine. While I am doing the laundry I cut and sew. You don't feel guilty because you're doing laundry. :D
I'm relieved that I am not the only one that feels this way. I have to do my housework before I can "settle down" to sew!
Old 09-24-2009, 07:05 PM

When this happens to me, I just say to myself that I am just going to go out for an hour. Hours later, I wander back into the house--sometimes missing lunch!!
Old 09-24-2009, 08:02 PM

While reading this post today, I was also stuck, couldn't get up but did muster up enough energy to walk outside & pick up broken limbs that blew down in the recent rains/storms. When I came back in, I saw the pieces I'm working on for Doll Quilt & the pants I'm working on for alterations. I did work on both of them & got some done. I did two loads of laundry in between. Move your location.
Old 09-24-2009, 08:46 PM
Power Poster

I have a small (and I do mean small) quilt that I am making for my cat. (she gave me 5 kittens in April). I just cannot seem to get it done. The four blocks are together and the hand quilting is started, but I got too fancy. I am doing shapes of fish. I am getting bored with it and wish it was done. I told myself that I will do one fish a day before I do anyting else. I just have to make myself get up and go into the sewing room.

I know it is tough, but try to picture your Mom's face when she gets it. Maybe even put a picture of her in your sewing room.........
Old 09-25-2009, 12:17 PM

Sounds like rain on Sunday and I took Monday off......so hopefully I'm on my way.................. :D
Old 09-26-2009, 05:57 PM

Perhaps you can find time to make one block, or sew for an hour. I will sometimes talk myself out of sewing because I feel I have to sit and sew all day or it isn't worth it. So, I never start on anything. Lately, I have been sewing for an hour a day and recently completed a charity quilt in about 2 weeks time. Like Nike says......JUST DO IT. :)
Old 09-28-2009, 05:08 AM

I STARTED SEWING TODAY. I think I know what my problem was/is. I love the idea of the double irish chain, I think I'm not loving the colors I picked. This is for my mother and her colors are very 70's (gold's, browns, some blue). My friend helped me pick the fabric, and I didn't know about them, but I have to use them. Hopefully when I get it put together I will like it. I know my mom will love it no matter what, so at least I don't have to worry about that. I will post some pictures when I get some of it done.