Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Help with Koala Cabinet >

Help with Koala Cabinet

Help with Koala Cabinet

Old 09-01-2021, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by Cp0268 View Post
I have been given a Koala sewing cabinet. I have no instructions and I read where you posted to push down on it. My question is how do you get it to raise? Mine is in the down position.
Help please
push down, let go and it should slowly rise.
Old 09-02-2021, 10:53 AM

ha, ha. hopefully the problem was fixed. this post is really old.
Old 09-02-2021, 11:24 AM

ah someone asked a question on this again recently. pays to read the 1st page!
Old 09-02-2021, 12:17 PM

I have a horn cabinet with an airlift in it. I have found that sometimes after I push down on it, I have to give it a little assist to get to raise. I think it may have to do with the size of some of the newer machines. The one I have now is heavier that the older ones. I assist it by place my other hand underneath the machine support and gentling pushing upward
Old 05-11-2022, 08:02 AM

Default Koala cabinet

Originally Posted by Cp0268 View Post
I have been given a Koala sewing cabinet. I have no instructions and I read where you posted to push down on it. My question is how do you get it to raise? Mine is in the down position.
Help please
I also have a manual lift Koala cabinet. I discovered that I can push it down but now I can’t get it to raise. Perhaps someone can help us.
Old 05-11-2022, 08:53 AM

actually, I think to get it to raise again, I push DOWN on it just a tad and then let it raise all the way up. I think the pushing down a bit unlocks the locking mechanism. I will often need to put my hand underneath the shelve and give it a little help to raise it. I think that is either because my cabinet is old or because the weight of my newer machines are more.
Old 07-04-2022, 02:47 PM

Smile Thank you all!!!!

So, I've been cleaning up a Koala Cabinet I 'rescued' from a house that was being cleaned out - it was buried behind and under a lot of stuff, so we had no idea what it was until it was out..,lo and behold, it's an amazing sewing table/cabinet/work surface WITH A SEWING MACHINE IN IT!!!. I had to remove the lock from the door since we don't have a key, but other than that, it seems to be in great shape once clean.

A whole bunch of us have been struggling to figure out how to get the machine 'up' from the down position, and this thread literally saved the day!! The website was no help - the cabinet has a 'Koala Cabinet - made in Australia' label and a small sticker on the inside of the sewing machine area that says 'Sewmate' with a model number. All of that was useless as the company has a new name, and this model is no longer in existence. We tried everything we could think of and then, THANK GOODNESS my searches brought me here - and to an older post, too! #Miracles You all had the trick of it: push down! *duh* It's amazingly simple, and mine is smooth as glass now that I know what to do...so awesome. So, THANK YOU, all and I may be around as I get a better introduction to my new 'friend', here.
Old 07-04-2022, 04:45 PM
Power Poster

Welcome to the board. It's amazing how these old threads pop back up. Glad it was of help to you. There's a section for vintage sewing machines that may help you with the sewing machine you found in the cabinet.
Old 07-05-2022, 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by dunster View Post
Welcome to the board. It's amazing how these old threads pop back up. Glad it was of help to you. There's a section for vintage sewing machines that may help you with the sewing machine you found in the cabinet.

Thank you for the lovely welcome! The machine looks like it could be another gem!! After we figured out how to lift it and got the cover off, it's a Pfaff Creative 7570...there's a separate case with what looks like some embroidery hoops and one cartridge. I'm going to have to check out the boards to see how this works and what I need. I'm recently getting back into sewing and have never quilted, but would like to learn. Looks like some divine intervention to get me set up with everything - would be kind of rude to ignore it!
Old 07-07-2022, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by akaLinda View Post
Thank you for the lovely welcome! The machine looks like it could be another gem!! After we figured out how to lift it and got the cover off, it's a Pfaff Creative 7570...there's a separate case with what looks like some embroidery hoops and one cartridge. I'm going to have to check out the boards to see how this works and what I need. I'm recently getting back into sewing and have never quilted, but would like to learn. Looks like some divine intervention to get me set up with everything - would be kind of rude to ignore it!
How fun!!! I think your first step should be to locate a manual and see if this model is self-oiling or needs manual oiling. If you don't know how long it's been sitting unused, it might be a good idea to clean and oil it first.