Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Help locating quilting frame clamps >

Help locating quilting frame clamps

Help locating quilting frame clamps

Old 08-01-2011, 08:55 PM

oh, bummer. A while back I was at the Goodwill pound store (you dig through huge bins and pay by the pound) and found a PVC quilt frame and almost all the pieces I thought I should buy this, since pvc pipe doesn't weigh much. But then put it back because I have a huge quilting frame and didn't know anyone who would need it.

You might see about cutting length like an 1 inch wide all the way down a piece of pvc and see if that would work?
Old 08-01-2011, 08:57 PM

oops.
Old 08-01-2011, 08:58 PM
Banned

you can actually find them at a camping store...I might still have a website saved..will do some searching in the morning!
Old 08-01-2011, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by kristen0112
oh, bummer. A while back I was at the Goodwill pound store (you dig through huge bins and pay by the pound) and found a PVC quilt frame and almost all the pieces I thought I should buy this, since pvc pipe doesn't weigh much. But then put it back because I have a huge quilting frame and didn't know anyone who would need it.

You might see about cutting length like an 1 inch wide all the way down a piece of pvc and see if that would work?
The cut out on mine is 1/2".
Old 08-03-2011, 11:40 AM

Huge thanks for all the helpful solutions. To Mademekelly, I think we may have the same quilting frame which my husband built, and I have two long clamps now, but can't locate more of that size clamps. To Pism99, thanks for the e-bay information, that's an order I am waiting on....exactly. I think one has to pay with Pay Pal on E-bay, my information is out of date, so I can't pay for the item by Pay Pal, I may have to set up a new account, and then I know I won't use it again for some time. Who would of thought of a camping store, that's my next move, since we don't have one in our area. You guys and gals are the best. I'm still working on this.
Old 08-13-2011, 04:17 AM

Hugs going out to "Pism99", I received my order yesterday for the PVC clamps, they fit perfect, just what we had been searching for some time. We would of given up, without your help. I would of never thought of Amazon's website. Again, it proves that we have just the greatest people viewing this newsletter.
Old 08-13-2011, 04:20 AM

Special thanks for all the help in locating the PVC clamps, we have our order complete with the help from "Pism99", but had that not worked, I would of gone into camping world's website, as suggested by "jaciqltznok". All of your comments were very helpful.