Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Help!! Lots of old pencil marks >

Help!! Lots of old pencil marks

Help!! Lots of old pencil marks

Old 11-20-2020, 08:27 AM

Welcome to the QB and you are definitely in the right place to ask this question. I am glad you have jumped right in. I hope to see a lot of you here.

I so agree with quilting it first then taking care of the pencil marks always wash your quilt on a gentle cycle and for the pencil marks use Oxyclean. Let it soak for a couple hours or even overnight in the wash cycle and don't put in the dryer until the marks are gone. I did this on a Cathedral Windows quilt and was very pleased with the results.
Again welcome to the QB.

Last edited by juliasb; 11-20-2020 at 08:35 AM.
Old 11-20-2020, 08:34 AM

Smile

Originally Posted by copycat View Post
The same thing happened to me. I asked for advice on this Quilt Board as you are doing. Below is my post and the answers I was given. Just click on the link and it will take you to my post and the advice I was given. I tried the Dawn and Oxi-clean. Also white vinegar and placing quilt in the sunshine. Did every mark come out 100%...not for me. A few marks remained, but they were faded so much that I was happy with the results. Good luck and please let us know if you have success. I included a picture of my quilt. Ps. The pencil marks on my quilt are hardly seen once the fabric dries.

Advice please for how to remove mechanical pencil stains from a quilt.
Oh my gosh, that is a beautiful quilt!! Thank you for the advice. I will post again after my top is quilted and I try the OxiClean.
Old 11-20-2020, 08:38 AM

Smile

Thank you to everyone who replied to my call for help!
I will post again with my results after my project is quilted and I try OxiClean.
I really appreciate your collective wisdom!!
Old 11-20-2020, 06:01 PM

You might try peroxide if nothing else works.