Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Help with machine >

Help with machine

Help with machine

Old 03-10-2015, 07:56 AM

I have a small Brother (a different model but with the same attached sewing platform). This is the only machine I can do a perfect 1/4 seam. I use the standard foot and move my needle to the right. I also put a piece of painters tape on the platform and it does make a difference so you keep the material straight. I used the same idea as others suggested with the 1/4 inch paper, then I tested with 2 pieces of fabric 2 1/2 wide. With the 3 pieces of fabric sewn together the middle on should be exactly 2 inches. Once I found the perfect needle position I noted the setting, took a ruler and laid it lined up with the side of the pressure foot and put the tape on the platform. One tip I learned from a really experienced quilter. Don't look at the pressure foot, look about 3 inches in front of it and make sure your fabric is straight. Hope that helps.
Old 03-10-2015, 08:20 AM

I bought this machine to take on a quilting retreat on an airplane. I love this little machine. The way you get a scant 1/4" seam is to move the needle position to 5.5 using the J foot (3.5 is center).

I also have a Babylock Symphony and the Brother Quattro 2. The only differences between these 3 machines are all the added features - they basically all sew the same great basic stitch. In other words, I can't tell the difference which machine I sewed the straight stitch on.

I would be happy to talk to you on the phone and answer any questions you have, please pm me.

Last edited by Girlfriend; 03-10-2015 at 08:31 AM.
Old 03-20-2015, 04:29 PM

I have recently purchased a used Quattro 2 6700D embroidery machine. I was wondering if anyone knows if the machine will stitch out identical items in the hoop one color at a time. Example, I am making chick/bunny candie holders and can get 3 in the large hoop. I would like to be able to do the same step on all 3 at the same time to avoid changing threads so often. I can't seem to find where I can do this. Thanks in advance.

FREE Quilting Newsletter