Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
help with machine,,,, >

help with machine,,,,

help with machine,,,,

Old 07-02-2010, 12:27 PM

Can you get something to grab ahold of it to pull it up? JoAnns and such carry bobbin winders. This may be an option.
Old 07-02-2010, 12:40 PM

If you can't fix it, now we are talking just to wind bobbins. Get one of those side winders that wind your bobbins. I bought one for the store and they really work. I think Joann Fab carries them you could order on line,or have Mom buy one and send it to you. If I find mine I'll PM you and send it. I thought I saw it but it might be still in the box. Catherine
Old 07-02-2010, 01:09 PM

"Sidewinders" are wonderful! Couldn't do without mine now! Check out prices on Google though. Joann's is expensive here!
Old 07-03-2010, 10:59 AM

well,, as feared DH touched it,, and well it is now in the garbage,, but I went and bought a new one, same as the one I had,, now I knwo to pack it better next time,, thankfully it is only $118.00. So,, no big big money spent. He said I could get a better one,, but other than my bobbin thingy whatchamacall it,, hicky ma jingy,, lol.. breaking,,I lvoed it,, so why change?

thanks everyone!!!
Old 07-03-2010, 01:08 PM

I hope your garbage didn't go away yet.
Strip it for parts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Keep the pedal foot, keep the bobbin case (new one cost as much as $50usd, keep everything you can. Do you have room to shove it in a closet? Save it for parts. /Regards, Dorothy
Old 07-03-2010, 04:27 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mrsdralshhadeh
well,, as feared DH touched it,, and well it is now in the garbage,, but I went and bought a new one, same as the one I had,, now I knwo to pack it better next time,, thankfully it is only $118.00. So,, no big big money spent. He said I could get a better one,, but other than my bobbin thingy whatchamacall it,, hicky ma jingy,, lol.. breaking,,I lvoed it,, so why change?

thanks everyone!!!
Hey us hubby's are hard on things sometimes :lol: :lol: but we mean well!!

I hate to hear about the machine not being salvageable but like stated earlier I would save it just for parts if you have the room.

If not go out there and strip as much as you can off of the machine and put them in a labeled zip lock baggie and toss them into a shoebox or something. You never can tell when you might need something if the other one breaks. Or hubby decides to fix it for you again :lol:

But you did get a new machine out of the deal and its one that you really like so its kinda a win win situation. But it would have been nice to be able to tell folks in 20 years where all that machine has traveled to ;-) ;-)

Billy
Old 07-03-2010, 04:42 PM

I just googled and it seems there are several sewing machine shops or repair places in Puerto Rico. Wether they are open or not might be a different story.
Old 07-20-2010, 10:59 AM

yes there are shops here, but many are located so far away from me,, and the one I did find,, does not speak a word of english,, lol.. and my spanish is very very limited,, but I did strip it for parts. LOL... As mentioned,I never knwo when I will need an extra part,, looked like a poor dead skeleton in the garbage,,,,
Old 07-20-2010, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by mrsdralshhadeh

thanks everyone!!!
Hey us hubby's are hard on things sometimes :lol: :lol: but we mean well!!

I hate to hear about the machine not being salvageable but like stated earlier I would save it just for parts if you have the room.

If not go out there and strip as much as you can off of the machine and put them in a labeled zip lock baggie and toss them into a shoebox or something. You never can tell when you might need something if the other one breaks. Or hubby decides to fix it for you again :lol:

But you did get a new machine out of the deal and its one that you really like so its kinda a win win situation. But it would have been nice to be able to tell folks in 20 years where all that machine has traveled to ;-) ;-)

Billy
Mr. Billy,,
sorry no offense was meant,, lol.. he meant well,, and I knew as soon as he asked me how does he get the 2 sides apart,,I knew it was over,, but his heart was in the right place,, and I do not fault him for that,, he could have easily said,, dunno,,, and then could not get another machine,. but he supports my habit,, ( as much as he knows about it,,lol0,, so how could a girl complain????? lol...
Old 07-20-2010, 11:07 AM

Sorry your machine was damaged and HAPPY you were able to get a new one. My husband is not handy at all.

FREE Quilting Newsletter