Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Help me find a name for my quilt >

Help me find a name for my quilt

Help me find a name for my quilt

Old 06-18-2014, 03:17 PM

Comfort Squared?
Old 06-18-2014, 03:21 PM
Power Poster

i like the surrounded with love as that is what it looks like to me... one square surrounded by 4 more
Old 06-18-2014, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Kat2 View Post
When looking at the quilt, at first I thought "4 Score" Then I thought of what you want for encouragement and Long. How about "Surrounded with Love" The square in the center could represent the recipient of the quilt and the 4 outer blocks could signify friends and family. It could also be used as a signature quilt with visitors signing the gray sections. Then she would really be surrounded with love. Love the quilt and your thoughtfulness of gifting the quilt to your friend.
I like this idea of getting signatures of family and friends in the gray areas. I did something similar for my son-in-law when he was fighting Hodgkins(sp?) Lymphoma, and DID do the signatures. We secretly got signatures and encouraging comments on about 50 blocks, and I sewed them together, and we presented him with the quilt. He's not one to easily show his emotions, but he was nearly in tears. He and my daughter were amazed that we got so many signatures without them finding out about the quilt.
You could even get signatures on the red blocks if your pen is dark enough(we used extra fine Sharpies). No matter what you do, I know your friend will be thrilled with this expression of your love and encouragement.
Old 06-20-2014, 09:19 AM

Surrounded with Love would be my choice.