Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Help me make up my mind please

Blog Entries
    I got my old job back last week. And on top of that I just got a $260.00 Visa gift card for team of the year. Now quilt kit or fabric? Help me make up my mind please.

Congratulations on getting your job back!!

Hmmm, quilt kit or fabric -- how about both?? :roll: :roll:

Izy
    Now, being a frugal person, I tend to think you would get much more for your dollars if you bought yardage Surely the cost of a kit includes all the precutting of fabric etc. BUT if you are wanting a treat and want all the cutting done for you then go ahead and buy a kit :D

Not much use was I???????? :lol: :lol:

I would buy fabric. More for you money and if you shop around, you can probably get enough fabric for 2 quilts for the same price as most kits.

I do have to say that connecting threads doesn't overcharge for their kits, though most places charge way to much.
    JM2C
    Lynette

k3n
    Blog Entries
    fabric, fabric and more fabric!!!

K x

WooHoo!!!!! You're employed again! What a great feeling!

How about some batting and thread- stuff you never can have enough of? And a splurge of some fabric. I say- watch out connecting threads- here she comes!

(Oh, Joann's online- get a bolt of batting- I got mine for like $165.00 before Christmas.) I figure I will get 20 quilts out of it. About 1 years worth. :)

Have fun spending it!!!!!

Barb

perfect good for you I would go jelly rolls. I like jelly rolls.

Congratulations on getting your old job back. Personally, I'd spend it on fabric or quilt related stuff I needed or use like blades versus a kit. I like to pick my own fabrics to go with whatever pattern I pick. But it's not my decision.

I would also go for the fabric. You might be able to get something on sale and get more bang for the buck! I love a bargain!

Congrats!!!!!!!!!! Buy both. :D Not any help, huh.

Congrats! I like to buy quilting books, magazines, and fat quarters. Maybe treat yourself to some new quilting tools too- new cutting mat, templates, etc. Enjoy!

Blog Entries
    Congrats on getting the job back ! WOO HOO :lol: As for fabric or kit :roll: Have you found a kit that just calls your name ? One you ahve been oggling for a while now? LOL If not get the fabric . Or maybe shop around and you can get both....
    Sharon

i always manage to find money somehow on quilting stuff. i'd take my family out to a great restaurant for a special celebration for getting my job back. now that's worth celebrating!

Super Member mary quite contrary's Avatar
    Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fabric.

I love quilt kits and I love fabric. I think I would go with the kit and if there is anything left over get some fabric I love.

congrads on getting your job back. I would buy fabric get a quilt or two and have scraps left over for other stuff. Good luck on what you choose.

I WOULD buy FABRIC!!!!
    Lots of it!!!!
    Kirsten

Connecting threads has some 60% off quilt kits...and some great fabric on close out......then joanns has a big sale this weekend....50% off red tag fabric, 50% off all thread use your coupon ...for a pattern or blades or pins ect.....then check wallys mine has new fabric....then the bargin stores...if you have some left hit the LQS and get some pretty fats rolls or charms. A lot of fun shopping :D then buy a bag of choclate...afterall its valentines day :wink:

I too would go with Fabric unless the kit's are on sale....find you some good patterns you like and then buy your fabrics....much more fun picking out what you like color wise.....you be sure to have fun doing what ever you want and let us see your results...and congrads on your job....:-)

Banned
    Congrats kiddo... Hrmmmmm I say fabric.... Seems to me you can get more

Ruth is right! Forgot something to add- chocolate- the good stuff- some Cella's liquid center chocolate covered cherries would be nice. Just be careful not to get sticky hands on your fabric purchases. :)

well, sharonb pretty much gave my answer. Stop for a minute and think...has there been something calling my name...doesn't have to be fabric or kits...although I can fully understand if it IS fabric calling to you. That's the voice I hear most often.:shock:
    But if an answer to your question is what you really want, then I say, if you haven't seen a bee u ti ful kit that you hankered for but wouldn't pay the price for at the time,....I would go with fabrics cause repeating pete...you just plain get more.
    Did we all go thru the depression or just afraid one is coming? lol. we just never get enough fabrics. woo hoo...a shopping spree, even if it ain't mine. show us all your goodies when you get home. happy shopping!!! :D

Fabric by all means!!, But also buy something special for yourself, just to make you feel good.

make something you want or need
    good luck
    frankie

Well I love fabric. Who doesn't. But you can buy fabric little by little any time. If you've got a good stash, opt for the kit. But you really should love it so much you make it immediately. Or, buy things for quilting you'd never be able to get or think of getting: new facy rulers, cutting mats, blades or nifty little specialty items for quilting that you may have thought to extravagant

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast