Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Help Me from shopping!!!

Blog Entries
    Go for it you will need it for those days you can't get out of the house..snowed in, heated in, cold, headache, sewing..itus. Any reason .
    Finished is better than a UFO

What are you thinking, Brenda M? For goodness sake, get down there girl and spend! You would be foolish to pass up an opportunity like this! Think of it as SAVING you money in the long run...

Do you think I could get a flight over in time? I can bring a very large suitcase and just one change of clothes...
    W.C. Fields

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it.

Not going to help you!!!! Sorry. I say "OPEN OPEN LET ME IN THAT STORE"

75% off is reason enough to stock up on fabrics, notions, whatever else I could get my hands on!! How often do you come across a sale like that? I'm sorry, but I'm not strong enough to walk away from something that tempting!!

Quote Originally Posted by NikkiLu View Post
    BUY IT NOW!!! I have been more sorry about the things that I have not bought than the things that I have bought.
    Me, too. I say buy.

Blog Entries
    I did not know fabric land was still around ours closed years ago and I loved that store yes buy while on sale

Well tell me which one, I'm heading down to Niagara for Christmas, sounds like I should be stopping there!! LOL

I will meet you there! What an opportunity to build your stash!
    phranny ~ I cannot call my day complete. 'til needle, thread, and fabric meet.

75% off is too good of a deal to pass up.
    Pat M.

Blog Entries
    Sorry - I can't help. 75% off is way too good a discount. You're not going to see that anytime soon. Think of it as an investment, and promise yourself to not buy any more fabric for the next couple of years. Right.Like that's going to happen ~ ~ ~

Have fun shopping! Be good to yourself - you deserve it! At 75% off, GO For It!!

Don't think I was much help but I might make a good cheerleader.

Stop you? Heck no! If I was close enough, I'd drive DH's truck and stop to pick you up. Get off of this board and run, don't walk, back to that store. We can live vicariously through you for a great sale like that!!!

Sorry, no support from me....I have no will power....

Go for it!!!!!
    Tink's Mom (My name is really Susie)

I guess al thats left to say is "post a photo of your acquisions"!!!

I can't I'm an enabler! . At 75% off- I'm coming!
    From the heart
    Nancy

If it will just sit on your shelf it wouldn't have been a bargain if it had been free. I know I am in a minority here.

Sorry I can not give you that advice, but I can say only buy the fabric that you can use in a quilt you have on your to do list.
    Grandmeto6 aka Judy

I think of it as stocking up for retirement !.....Happy Shopping !

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Well Brenda, if you can afford the purchases I say "GO FOR IT". I really don't think anyone on this board would tell you not to go. How often are any of us able to purchase anything at 75% off? That said, If you can't afford it or feel guilty about spending the money, then the sale isn't worth it. This is something that only you can decide. Good luck in what ever you end up doing. If you do purchase anything be sure to show us, then I can just forget about the last letter in your avatar and think that it's me loving all the new goodies. BrendaK
    Be kind to yourself, by being kind to others. When you help others you help yourself.

Why would you not want to get the great bargains? I would personally take out a loan!

Wish I were closer too!! My first job was at a Fabricland (the beginning of my addiction -- I still have a couple pieces from that time -- the 100% cottons come in handy for quilting). I knew they were a chain, but didn't realize they were so widespread. Our supervisors came in from St. Louis. Have a great time buying what you can. Show us pics if you can so we can oooh and aaah over it!
    LInda

Power Poster
    I'm afraid I can't help you, if you have the money - get the fabric. I try to buy basics, neutrals and fabric for backings when I spot a sale, especially 75% off. I'm still using fabric I bought at $2.99 from clearance at a LQS, I bought enough for backings, even though a couple fabrics decided they wanted center stage on the front. LOL. If I had the money, I'd be right there with you, especially neutrals, as I always seem to run out of them, then can't find anything on sale. Give yourself a Christmas present from your "Quilting Santa".

Only buy what you can afford. I am a compulsive sale buyer and heaven help me, I buy faster than I can create!!!! Step back from the fabric, lady, and you won't get hurt!!!! Put the fabric down!!!! (hahaha)

Quote Originally Posted by Brenda M View Post
    Hello everyone, our local Fabricland store is closing and this week all the quilting material, actually everything in the store, went on sale for 75% off!!!! Oh no....everytime I go out to finish my Christmas shopping, I end up going back and fabric shopping!!!!!!
    Please give me words of "encouragement" to keep me out of the store!!!! hahahahahahahahahahaha
    (I'm sure evryone else would finish their Christmas shopping first!!! ) LOL
    You've posted to the wrong board if you want dis​couragement!

Those are prices you NEVER find. Heck, I'd be buying all I could carry too. Think how much money you're saving in the long run. That's what I always tell my hubby, "Look how much money I'm saving you!!!" That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
    Karen in Kentucky

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast