Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
help me think of quilting terms for my future new dog's name! >

help me think of quilting terms for my future new dog's name!

help me think of quilting terms for my future new dog's name!

Old 06-23-2009, 10:35 AM

We were dog sitting my granddaughter's new chi-wa wa, (lol) she kept getting strings in her mouth so what do they call her. Pickles.
so figure I think String would be cute.
Old 06-23-2009, 11:58 AM

Rags.
Stitches.
Patches.
Needles (?)
Old 06-27-2009, 04:27 PM

Good news! DH says I shouldn't wait after all, that I need a dog for therapy! I asked him what changed his mind. He said being home all yesterday. He saw me doing what I always do; just going about my business of housework, deskwork, napping. I'm not depressed or even moody, but apparently a lot more subdued when there's no dog to entertain me and want me to interact. I don't think he liked that when I went outside to ask him something, I was so shocked at the weather because without our dog or petsitting one of our daughter's dogs, I don't feel a need to go outside so can go all day without fresh air (we have no yard to sit in). He's worried that I might get depressed with my medical woes and our financial stresses regarding bankruptcy. I wouldn't, I never do, but hey, if him thinking it gets me a dog...! Sooo I have resumed my searching all the rescue shelters again. They update their websites on Sundays so I'll look hard then. Our only criteria are that I can lift it so no more than 10lbs yet not be too tiny so no less than 7lbs and that it be fun...people friendly, other dog friendly as well as enjoy my lap and be 6months - 3years old (so already housebroken). We don't care about breed, color, or gender.

So, please continue to add more great Quilting name ideas! Right now, I'm waiting for more info on a little chihuahua, if not too tiny. But since she's 3yrs old already, I'd let her keep her name with just a little change, from Kate to "Katie Q"..(Q being for Quilt of course). I got that idea from the Suzie Q suggestion here. DH's in general favorite is Patches or Patch, but that is dependent upon appearance. I don't really have a favorite, so many are good. Thanks again!

Old 06-27-2009, 04:55 PM

I'm so happy for you that you're going to get your dog a lot sooner than you thought!!!!! I know there is a perfect one out there just waiting for you...
Old 06-27-2009, 10:26 PM

I can't wait to hear about your new baby. We lost our wonderful Motley, a lab/basset mix, a couple of years ago. I had such a hole in my heart and I have a lump in my throat even now. After about 6 months we adopted Arlo, a red and white Basset Hound, from a Bassett rescue group. He is just wonderful and thinks he is a lap dog even though he weighs 70 pounds now. It took some time for him to feel secure because he had been mistreated. Now he owns us, the house, the yard, you get the idea, and just hugs and loves us.

Thanks for letting me share about my precious Arlo. I had Chihuahuas at home with my parents and they still have one now. They are the most loyal little things and so cute. I'm anxious to hear about your new pup, whatever the name. Patches is my favorite suggestion, but you'll know when the time is right. :-)
Old 06-28-2009, 07:16 AM

Location: Originally from NY, now retired in Argentina. Miss the USA!!! :-(

Originally Posted by quiltswithdogs
Good news! DH says I shouldn't wait after all, that I need a dog for therapy! I asked him what changed his mind. He said being home all yesterday. He saw me doing what I always do; just going about my business of housework, deskwork, napping. I'm not depressed or even moody, but apparently a lot more subdued when there's no dog to entertain me and want me to interact. I don't think he liked that when I went outside to ask him something, I was so shocked at the weather because without our dog or petsitting one of our daughter's dogs, I don't feel a need to go outside so can go all day without fresh air (we have no yard to sit in). He's worried that I might get depressed with my medical woes and our financial stresses regarding bankruptcy. I wouldn't, I never do, but hey, if him thinking it gets me a dog...! Sooo I have resumed my searching all the rescue shelters again. They update their websites on Sundays so I'll look hard then. Our only criteria are that I can lift it so no more than 10lbs yet not be too tiny so no less than 7lbs and that it be fun...people friendly, other dog friendly as well as enjoy my lap and be 6months - 3years old (so already housebroken). We don't care about breed, color, or gender.

So, please continue to add more great Quilting name ideas! Right now, I'm waiting for more info on a little chihuahua, if not too tiny. But since she's 3yrs old already, I'd let her keep her name with just a little change, from Kate to "Katie Q"..(Q being for Quilt of course). I got that idea from the Suzie Q suggestion here. DH's in general favorite is Patches or Patch, but that is dependent upon appearance. I don't really have a favorite, so many are good. Thanks again!
Cathy, I am so happy to hear you are looking again. I know there is a little soul out there that is just right for you both. Have a great time looking and let us know when you find the right one.
If the dog is young enough to be able to change the name Bobbin is still my favorite, LOL. but you all have to live with it and I know you will find the right name.