Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Help needed to identify which Brother machines this extension table fits... >

Help needed to identify which Brother machines this extension table fits...

Help needed to identify which Brother machines this extension table fits...

Old 02-01-2013, 06:06 AM
Power Poster

I thought it may be for Brother 1500 but it's not.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:21 AM

hi Kiffie..I did a search http://www.brother-usa.com/Homesewin...2#.UQvNYfJChf8 and I believe it is either item #SA 552 or #SA 537. Go to the page, click enlarge the images, note the measurements & compare with yours. Looks to me like it was intended for an embroidery machine, perhaps. Remember Brother also makes the Babylock..so you might want to do a search there.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:40 AM

Wow, this is strange. Maybe it's not a genuine Brother Extension table. Brother USA list the SA537 as fitting your PC420 and the PC420PRW. http://www.brother-usa.com/homesewin...essoryID=SA537 Can you return it to the e-bay seller?
Old 02-01-2013, 03:25 PM

I have a feeling it's for an older machine like a PC 6500. I don't remember what other machines Brother had out at the time. That back cutout angle is the killer.
Old 02-01-2013, 04:43 PM

Hi all,
Thanks so much for trying to help me...There are no numbers on the table or on the paper that came with it...it was advertised as the SA537, but its not...the closest I could find was the SA551, but I cannot find a close up pic of the table...only a pic of the table already on the sewing machine...I have checked all of the online stores I could think of for pics, but thanks for those suggestions, too...I do have a local store that sells Brother Innovis machines only, so that will be my next stop. I do think it is a genuine Brother table, as the label looks genuine and not like it has been put on it...also the table does look like the one I have with my PQ1500, and also with my CS6000i...Right after I purchased this table my PC-420 went "kaput"..it was only a year and a half old...but my local dealer charges $75.00 just to take a look...and when I described what it was doing, the price the "guesstimated" was not much less than just buying another 420...So, I am just going to sell it for parts. Dh knew I had been dreaming about a Janome Horizon 7700, he told me to buy it, so I did...So there is a silver lining to this whole saga...
I just hate to have a perfectly nice large extension table sitting around gathering dust...I would much rather sell it, just to get what I paid for it out of it, and it to get some use....Also, I did contact the Ebay seller, and told her it was not an SA537 table, as it did not fit my machine...I got no reply whatsoever...I know I could have gone thru Ebay and opened up a case, but I would much rather just sell it if I can...
Thanks again to you all for trying to help me!!
Kif

Last edited by kiffie2413; 02-01-2013 at 04:50 PM.