Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Help!!! Pieced wholecloth pattern..... >

Help!!! Pieced wholecloth pattern.....

Help!!! Pieced wholecloth pattern.....

Old 12-29-2012, 06:58 AM

Well you are getting lots of help and advice here so I just want to wish you luck with this quilt and please post some pictures during the process and the completed quilt as well. What frame and machine will you be using for this? I'm totally amazed at wholecloth quilting! Good Luck!
Old 12-29-2012, 06:59 AM

it is really nice....but not exactly what i want...ty for you help......
Originally Posted by carolynjo View Post
I have such a quilt pattern called
White-on-White Heirloom Quilt designed by Maud von Bergh-Arnoldus. It contains 16 patterns for quilted blocks and border. I have had it for 15 years and am planning on starting it this Spring. It was published by That Patchwork Place. When I make it, I am going to duplicate at least 4 blocks to make it longer and perhaps 4 more to make it wider as the finished quilt in this pattern is only 86" square. Hope this helps you in your search.
Old 12-29-2012, 07:07 AM

ty so much....i`m gettting an idea of what i want to make.....but i have to find the fabric first...started looking online...go back in this post and check "Longarmed wholecloth "Creme Brulee" Part 3 Done".....it is the quilt I am inspired by....
Originally Posted by Brenda M View Post
Well you are getting lots of help and advice here so I just want to wish you luck with this quilt and please post some pictures during the process and the completed quilt as well. What frame and machine will you be using for this? I'm totally amazed at wholecloth quilting! Good Luck!
Old 12-29-2012, 07:19 AM

I did see a beautiful wholecloth bed cover at Dillard's dept store some time back. I remember it because I loved it. It's price was $350.00. It had hugh squares and rectangles (maybe 25 x 25 and 20 by 40). All were different shades of very light beiges and taupes and placed randomly. If there was any pattern it too was very light and barely noticeable. The quilting was glorious and that was truely the star of this quilt.
Old 12-29-2012, 07:21 AM

that sounds like what i want to make.....
Originally Posted by topstitch View Post
I did see a beautiful wholecloth bed cover at Dillard's dept store some time back. I remember it because I loved it. It's price was $350.00. It had hugh squares and rectangles (maybe 25 x 25 and 20 by 40). All were different shades of very light beiges and taupes and placed randomly. If there was any pattern it too was very light and barely noticeable. The quilting was glorious and that was truely the star of this quilt.
Old 12-29-2012, 07:45 AM

I used this book 5 years ago on page 10 there is strip piecing using all beige fabric, with di tints of beige, more like strip piecing. I think this is what your daughter wants. I actually made the quilt because of the muted back ground. http://www.amazon.com/Super-Simple-S.../dp/1880972522 page 10 Mondriah is the name of the quilt.

My sister has the quilt now. I tried to send you a photo, did work.

And everyone is right, it is not a wholecloth, but a pieced cloth made to look whole

Last edited by Raine; 12-29-2012 at 07:46 AM. Reason: more explaination
Old 12-29-2012, 07:51 AM

BTW I just uploaded an image of the quilt Mondrian (upside down) that is in the book. The raw quilt applique you could not put on. Hope this helps.
Old 12-29-2012, 08:20 AM

i can`t see it...where did you post it???
Originally Posted by Raine View Post
BTW I just uploaded an image of the quilt Mondrian (upside down) that is in the book. The raw quilt applique you could not put on. Hope this helps.
Old 12-29-2012, 08:34 AM
Banned

If you want to correspond with me privately I will give you some suggestions for this project. It should be easy for you to do with existing paper designs and quilting stencils.
Old 12-29-2012, 11:31 AM

That is gorgeous! I never would have thought of doing something like that! Really inspiring!