Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Help please with fusible!!!! >

Help please with fusible!!!!

Help please with fusible!!!!

Old 02-07-2011, 05:34 PM

I've learned w/ heat n bond - if you heat it too hot, it won't fuse - if that helps any???
Old 02-07-2011, 05:55 PM

here's what I found on a web search (I'm dealing with same problem, how to remove the glue......)

Someone on the boards was asking about removing Wonder Under from her ironing board cover. I found these instructions from the University of Nebraska.

Removing Fused Interfacing

To remove interfacing that has been fused in place, hold a steam iron over interfacing for 5 - 10 seconds. Immediately peel off the interfacing. If it is still adhered, set the iron on the interfacing, but do not use pressure. To remove any fusing agent that remains on the fabric, cover it with a damp, lightweight fabric scrap and press. Peel off while warm. Continue with new scraps until all the adhesive can be removed by sponging the area with rubbing alcohol--but be sure the fabric or dye will not be affected.
Old 02-07-2011, 06:03 PM

I've done it more times than I care to admit and I've never had any luck getting it off.
Old 02-08-2011, 03:23 AM
Banned

excellent idea :-)
Originally Posted by IngeMK
here's what I found on a web search (I'm dealing with same problem, how to remove the glue......)

Someone on the boards was asking about removing Wonder Under from her ironing board cover. I found these instructions from the University of Nebraska.

Removing Fused Interfacing

To remove interfacing that has been fused in place, hold a steam iron over interfacing for 5 - 10 seconds. Immediately peel off the interfacing. If it is still adhered, set the iron on the interfacing, but do not use pressure. To remove any fusing agent that remains on the fabric, cover it with a damp, lightweight fabric scrap and press. Peel off while warm. Continue with new scraps until all the adhesive can be removed by sponging the area with rubbing alcohol--but be sure the fabric or dye will not be affected.
Old 02-08-2011, 04:57 AM

Thanks guys.....it is a project for after supper tonight! :)
Old 02-08-2011, 05:27 AM

I have done this more times than I care to count. Have started using Vilene for applique that does not need any added stiffness. It is water soluble, so you have to use it in a project that gets appliqued down if it is to be washed. I find it sometimes releases on its own without washing so I am very careful.. The upside is that it washes out after a couple of washes. The downside is that it is expensive and sometimes hard to find.
Old 02-09-2011, 03:58 AM

is that just stabilizer or something that sticks on both sides?