Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Help please, name of this quilt pattern

Help please, name of this quilt pattern

Hi Guys,

Does somebody know the name of this quilt pattern or who it is by. I have had to post a link instead of a picture - sorry about that.

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/5476...0ac1fdcdcc2c0a

Thanks in advance for your help.

Caroline
    Caroline

I am just guessing, but it looks like, from the angle that the picture was taken, that it could be manufactured. You could probably make up your own using pictures of the different components.
    Life is not a movie. No one is going to yell "CUT" when you make a mistake. - Anne L. Fulton

I am from the South....39 miles south of Boston.

No help here, but I can see why you like it!! I do too!

I clicked the Visit button on the Pinterest link and it takes you to a site from another country. I can't read the words but OMG there is some beautiful appliqued work on there.

This one looks fairly simple if you break it down, I'm sure you could find some similar snowmen, houses etc and make a lovely quilt without a pattern.
    I aspire to inspire before I expire. LT

It looks like something I've seen in a Thimbleberries book. I wouldn't think you'd need a pattern - just download pictures of snowmen, stars, trees, etc. from various sites to make your own appliques.
    A fabric stash is always missing that one fabric needed to finish the quilt on which you're working.

Blog Entries
    Primitive Gatherings maybe? I agree it could be made without a pattern.
    "You must do the thing you think you cannot do"....E. Roosevelt

Sharon
    Yorkville, IL

Thimbleberries and Debbie Mumm come to mind. Just guessing though.
    Lisa

looks like a catalog picture to me.

I wondered where this thread went!
    It looks like Debbie Mumm to me.

If you right click the mouse and scrol down to "translate", it will give you English. I have seen almost all of those blocks here and there. I see some of Missouri Star patterns.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all your comments.... I did translate the site into English, but it didn't seem to be selling patterns or anything else fro that matter.

Hugs

Caroline
    Caroline

I think it is a sampler quilt that maybe the maker just used blocks that she/he liked. I think it would be easy to make your own blocks of things that you like. It possibly could be a Debbie Mumm pattern but not sure. Good luck on your search

Blog Entries
    I dragged the image into Google images and got about 15 pages of hits, mostly pinterest. My guess is that it was a commercially made quilt that a lot of people liked. Never found a pattern for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Prism99 View Post
    I dragged the image into Google images and got about 15 pages of hits, mostly pinterest. My guess is that it was a commercially made quilt that a lot of people liked. Never found a pattern for it.
    Yes, this! It reminds me of quilts from the late 80s made in China. Super cute! I have a patriotic one like that but it is very worn.
    Anna Quilts

Quote Originally Posted by misspriss View Post
    If you right click the mouse and scrol down to "translate", it will give you English. I have seen almost all of those blocks here and there. I see some of Missouri Star patterns.
    My computer is apparently not bilingual. I don't get a "translate"
    Patrice S

Bernina Artista 180, Singer 301a, Featherweight Centennial, Rocketeer, Juki 2200 QVP Mini, White 1964 Featherweight

I am sure it is commercial, and I think Target was the retailer. We have a throw that is a very similsr pattern.

Just looks like a Christmas sampler quilt to me. Just find different Christmas pictures you like and use them.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Blog Entries
    I agree, looks like Debbie Mumm.
    Aurora

"A dying culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. Lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners, is more significant than is a riot." -Robert A. Heinlein

Blog Entries
    It was a block of the month but I can't remember from where I was going to do it but it was to expensive for my budget I wonder if you could find it by looking for past block of the month it has not been that long ago

Check Bunny Hill Designs, she has similar patterns!

In Chrome, Google Translate did a good job of translating it from whatever it is (perhaps Russian?). However, I don't see a way to order it. Its listed under "Journal" and kind of looks like just one quilter's bucket list or maybe they made all those quilts? Hard to tell. It seems to me you could do an interpretation of that kind of applique design without needing the exact pattern. It's certainly cute.

I tried a Google image search for the picture and the exact same one came up on a site in Spanish. It's impossible to tell who owns the right to the picture, but it's not likely to be both of them. That search also found quite a few similar quilts, for further inspiration: https://www.google.com/search?tbs=sb...V9DP4Mjg&hl=en
    True self-care is not salt baths and chocolate cake, it is making the choice to build a life you donít need to regularly escape from. ~Brianna Wiest

I tried to look too and somehow ended up on UK Pinterest and some wonderful UK blogs. Whoa! I was wandering all over England with my mouth hanging open. Such beautiful fabrics and patterns! OMG! Thanks for the trip Carolinepaj!