Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Help with shop hop...

You can look at the rules etc, and yes, there are some really nice prizes. Google fabshophop and the web site will come up and you can register.

Quote Originally Posted by madamekelly
    Thank you everyone! I guess this 'old dog' learned a new trick! Is there anything you can't learn here? :thumbup:
    ot

I did the same thing over and over.....finally figured it out. Glad to know I'm not the only one that is having trouble!! LOL! Don't give up. :thumbup:

If they want you to visit the shop way do they make it so hard to visit them in shop hop

i bet you are clicking on the wrong bunny , there is a advertisement Bunny and not the official hop bunny

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by penski
    i bet you are clicking on the wrong bunny , there is a advertisement Bunny and not the official hop bunny
    Nope! Thanks to all the wonderful advice here, I have done 85 of the shops. Thank you quilt family, for yet again coming to my rescue! You rock! :thumbup:

Born in Washington State. Been in California since 1968.
    The Shop Hop people are very sketchy in their 'rules'. I read them twice and still had a very difficult time getting it. But I finally have it wired.
    I think the shops that don't put a hint on their home page may be new to the game. It isn't EASY for anyone till you get it wired.
    I do have a useful hint. In the October shop hop I ended up short 11 patterns/recipes. I went to the Shop Hop page in FaceBook and asked it anyone could send me the one I really wanted. It ended up she offered me any others I might need, then a second person responded. Between those 2 nice ladies (both for Georgia) I got all 11 patterns I was missing. Only thing is, I doubt I will EVER make any of the cupcakes OR the quilt.
    It was a challenge, though, and I persevered and actually won a $10.00 gift certificate.

Joya

I had one today that did not have the bunny where they said it was. I looked at every page of another shop and never found it.

Quote Originally Posted by gale
    I never go to the list of shops when I hop. I go to the member's area and then to the 'view shops not visited' link and hop from there. That way if I skip a shop I can easily go back to it later (because it'll still be in my list of shops not visited).
    I do the same way.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rann
    I had one today that did not have the bunny where they said it was. I looked at every page of another shop and never found it.
    I hate when that happens. I usually say a swear word or two and move on to the next shop.

I've found that they really are there, but 'hidden' in some out-of-the-way 'alternative' spot for the merchandise they gave you a clue for. I hate these tricky hidden Bunnies, but have found several of them by persevering.

Joya

Blog Entries
    The first year I did it I found every last bunny, Then I said to myself why the heck did I waste all that time finding 199 bunnies (or whatever) when I only needed 130 and I gave all these shops with bad or no hints my time and traffic for nothing. So to me, it's not worth persevering and wasting my time on shops that can't give a decent hint.

Blog Entries
    By the way there's another one called the Quilt Dash, I think it is, that requires you find every single quilt block. When I found out I quit immediately. So I'm glad the fab shop hop doesn't do that.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra-P
    I do the Shop Hop each time. If you are having trouble finding the bunny then email the shop. If enough emails are sent then they generally will post a hint for all to see. I being a little OCD actually called the shop hop people and was told that the stores are supposed to have a hint and the bunny is not supposed to me more that two clicks away. Sometimes I am asked to be one of the trouble shooters and I get to hop a day early to see how smooth it will go before it goes live.
    I have 4 of them left to find. It's driving me crazy!! I finally too Sandra's advice and emailed the shop. lol

i have done about 8 of them and found the clue in the sale items the most frequent

I have done 4 or 5 this year, and have found that if you find a few of the patterns and rest are usually availbe on you member page at the end of the hop. I have also won 3 $10 gift certificates. So far what I have used them has been good material.

If you don't get a reply from the shops (I didn't) go to the Shop Hop site on FaceBook and ask for someone to send you the patterns you need. That worked great for me. I was short 11 patterns from the October Shop Hop and tow nice ladies in Georgia sent them to me.

I'm so glad I saw this discussion. I've had the shophop on my favorites list for months but have never been able to figure out how to do it. And I'm not even blonde! Now that I've read the threads, it sounds like a lot of trouble. Is it really worth it?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by quilterfly
    I'm so glad I saw this discussion. I've had the shophop on my favorites list for months but have never been able to figure out how to do it. And I'm not even blonde! Now that I've read the threads, it sounds like a lot of trouble. Is it really worth it?
    I'll let you know...IMHO. This is my first.

Quote Originally Posted by judylg
    Quote Originally Posted by gale
    If there's no clue, and it's a shop who doesn't usually put their bunny in the same area every time, I don't even bother. I'll click on the online shop and might click on one link after that but that's it. If a shop gives a good helpful clue, I add it to my favorites list and shop there when I need something.
    I am total agreement with what you said, if I spend too much time looking I just go to another shop and that is it.
    Some of the shops just make it too difficult to find the rascally wabbit. Most shops give hints.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by quilterfly
    So far it's not for me but it's fun and kind of obsessive.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2