Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Help!!!!

I was at a class today and the measurements are just not adding up and I am terrible at math. I have been over and over the pattern and the measurments and when sewing the two rows together I am off about an inch. Here is a link to the pattern http://www.modabakeshop.com/2010/11/...ap-quilt.html. Would appreciate any help....Thank you

Blog Entries
    clicked on link- got a 'page not found' message- how about describing the block- and the measurements you are using- are you an inch too big or an inch too small?

Power Poster
    That web site said page not found.

Quote Originally Posted by SueDor
    Same here :(

Can't hep with the problem-but cut and past leaving out the period at the end and you'll get the pattern (I jsut don't have enough experience with math!)

Blog Entries
    can't even get to the site when I omit the period
    Quote Originally Posted by frauhahn
    Can't hep with the problem-but cut and past leaving out the period at the end and you'll get the pattern (I jsut don't have enough experience with math!)

Blog Entries

Made that pattern a while ago. The directions are wrong. Sorry I don't remember what I did.

Blog Entries
    Sadiemae you beat me to it! I just copied the link to it to see if it would work. Yours does, so now I don't need to do it. I guess it was the period!

Formerly NY, IL, AL, TN, HI, FL, AL, MD and Germany. Now living in TN again.

This is what it says in step 4: Your rows will be a little off on the ends and will need to be trimmed after all sewn together. Press all rows.

Since the 2 striped pieces in one row are 14" (resulting in 27" after all seam allowances) and the other row has 1 stripe of 27" (resulting in 26.5" after all seam allowances) these rows should be 1/2" off when sewn together. I don't see why they couldn't have given the proper dimensions (e.g., make the 27" piece half an inch bigger) in the first place.

Formerly NY, IL, AL, TN, HI, FL, AL, MD and Germany. Now living in TN again.
    Oops, I apologize SadieMae.

Quote Originally Posted by Birdena
    I was at a class today and the measurements are just not adding up and I am terrible at math. I have been over and over the pattern and the measurments and when sewing the two rows together I am off about an inch. Here is a link to the pattern http://www.modabakeshop.com/2010/11/...ap-quilt.html. Would appreciate any help....Thank you
    That is very odd...try this website and enter 'awesome' in the search box... http://www.modabakeshop.com/

Yes that is wht I thought...I am off quite a bit more than 1/2 and inch. Thank you for your assistance.
    Quote Originally Posted by dunster
    This is what it says in step 4: Your rows will be a little off on the ends and will need to be trimmed after all sewn together. Press all rows.

Since the 2 striped pieces in one row are 14" (resulting in 27" after all seam allowances) and the other row has 1 stripe of 27" (resulting in 26.5" after all seam allowances) these rows should be 1/2" off when sewn together. I don't see why they couldn't have given the proper dimensions (e.g., make the 27" piece half an inch bigger) in the first place.

Reading the comments, I see that she corrected the mistake in the directions.

Not completly...the 27" strip should have been cut larger
    Quote Originally Posted by WANNABEE
    Reading the comments, I see that she corrected the mistake in the directions.

I had a lot of problems with the pattern and just had to make it work. Fudged alot.LOL

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdena
    I was at a class today and the measurements are just not adding up and I am terrible at math. I have been over and over the pattern and the measurments and when sewing the two rows together I am off about an inch. Here is a link to the pattern http://www.modabakeshop.com/2010/11/...lap-quilt.html Would appreciate any help....Thank you

Thank you, I think I have it figured out.
    I had a lot of problems with the pattern and just had to make it work. Fudged alot.LOL

Good luck!

Don't you hate that when that happens. The directions are wrong.

Well, at least I see that she corrected part of it since I made the pattern.

Yes and the lady who taught class I was at had corrected part of it too. When my rows were not matching I was trying to explain what I thoght the reason was but instructor not able to understand what I was saying.
    Well, at least I see that she corrected part of it since I made the pattern.

If your measurement is out for whatever reason, the pattern is very simple to add an extra piece on the bit that is out or to lengthen the next piece without it looking out of place. it will just be a variation. Watch the column quilts tutorial on sewing with Nancy and it is a very similar method. Perhaps you could convert it to a column quilt.
    http://www.wpt.org/sewingwithnancy/

Quote Originally Posted by LivelyLady
    Quote Originally Posted by SueDor
    Same here :(
    Me too!!! :cry: :thumbdown:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast