Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Help!

I purchased the Bob The Builder panels from someone on the board recently and I think I made an error in cutting them out. When I cut them out to use as squares, I didn't leave enough room for seam allowance and now if I sew them together, the points on the squares will be cut off. Is there a way to fix this? Dumb question I know, but don't you just hate it when you ruin a perfectly good piece of fabric?

Blog Entries
    What if you applique them to a larger piece of fabric?

I could I guess but I have never done applique before. Is it easy to do?
    Quote Originally Posted by katier825

Blog Entries
    if you post a pic it would help. but if there is space on the Bob squares, you could sew a frame around it to make the proper size to match your other block. but maybe i'm not clear on how you are making your quilt.

Quote Originally Posted by gellybean402
    I could I guess but I have never done applique before. Is it easy to do?
    Quote Originally Posted by katier825
    I just recently started applique and I find it to be very easy. I do cut out my pieces and fuse them onto another fabric and then blanket stitch around the edges. I say if you can not find a good answer as to how to fix it.. Then applique them. What do you have to loose.
    Good luck. I hope you find your answer.

Blog Entries
    if all else fails, just make it a "no point" quilt. meaning your quilt doesn't have to have points! good luck.

Blog Entries
    I purchased the Bob The Builder panels from someone on the board recently and I think I made an error in cutting them out. When I cut them out to use as squares, I didn't leave enough room for seam allowance and now if I sew them together, the points on the squares will be cut off. Is there a way to fix this? Dumb question I know, but don't you just hate it when you ruin a perfectly good piece of fabric?
    Call it a design choice. :)

If you sew a HST on each corner it will look like it's supposed to be that way!!! Can you tell I've done the same thing?

These are the blocks I am working with. They are not sewn together yet.

The middle block is my biggest problem
    Name:  Attachment-276974.jpe
Views: 17
Size:  60.1 KB

That will be sooo cute. Sorry though, I don't have the answer to your question. You will find an answer though.

Blog Entries
    Since this is a kid's print you have more leeway. I'd say just sew the blocks together and applique the panel - no worries about the points. As long as you cut them all off, call it a design choice. You could also sew a button to match the top on each missing point. It would be a feature and nobody - even you, would notice any missing points.

So is the kid you're making this quilt for going to reject it? Is it for a boy? Do you really think a *male* child will even notice? Just finish it.

LOL! Thanks I needed that gentle "kick" in the butt!

Quote Originally Posted by Scissor Queen
    So is the kid you're making this quilt for going to reject it? Is it for a boy? Do you really think a *male* child will even notice? Just finish it.

Blog Entries
    I just found this quote that I think applies here.

At the end of the day, the quilts you leave your children and grandchildren will not be appreciated because all the points in your quilt lined up, but appreciated because you were the one who made them! -Author Unknown

Aww, I love it! Thank you for finding that for me!

Quote Originally Posted by quiltsRfun
    I just found this quote that I think applies here.

At the end of the day, the quilts you leave your children and grandchildren will not be appreciated because all the points in your quilt lined up, but appreciated because you were the one who made them! -Author Unknown

Power Poster
    I'd find a matching yellow fabric and add little yellow triangles to the top and botton corners of all the blocks. It's going to be so cute!